SPF for scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendynailedit

Reaction score
Hi all. I remember once seeing something in a magazine (may even have been The Guild) about a spray SPF specifically for the scalp. I always burn the parting in my hair and really need an SPF which doesn't make my hair greasy! Anyone know of one please? :) x

Can anyone help? Please? :) x

I feel your pain! I bought one once as my parting always burns. I have a big forehead so I don't want to scrape all my hair back! Anyhow this one said non greasy HA I sprayed it into my freshly washed hair and bam looked like I hadn't washed my hair for weeks.

So sorry I can't be of help to you, but I understand and hopefully some people can help!! :) xx

Oh no! This is the problem...they're all the same! I have crazy curly hair too, so I end up wearing an Alice band type thing to protect the main area at the front and then I look like a bloody poodle when I take it off! :-( Thanks for responding though! X

Oh no! This is the problem...they're all the same! I have crazy curly hair too, so I end up wearing an Alice band type thing to protect the main area at the front and then I look like a bloody poodle when I take it off! :-( Thanks for responding though! X

Lol aw no!! It's so annoying. Fingers crossed there is something out there to help xx

Hi there, You could try Keune Care Line Sun Sublime oil. Its a skin/hair oil with an SPF8 Its not available online but if you would like me to put you in contact with a salon in your area please send me a private message.
Kev

Thanks Kev. Problem is I'm not sure factor 8 will be enough. As it's an oil, does it cause your hair to look greasy? X

Wella System professional do a sun range with uv protection x

Boots no7 do a spray in sunscreen for hair (think its SPF 20). It's fab, just makes the hair look shiny not greasy and smells lush. I would reccommend you wear a hat too lol x

Boots no7 do a spray in sunscreen for hair (think its SPF 20). It's fab, just makes the hair look shiny not greasy and smells lush. I would reccommend you wear a hat too lol x

Oh sounds perfect! I do wear a hat, but again I look like Deputy Dog (for those old enough to remember!) when I take it off! ;-) xx

Oh sounds perfect! I do wear a hat, but again I look like Deputy Dog (for those old enough to remember!) when I take it off! ;-) xx

Lol! Unfortunately I too am old enough to remember Deputy Dawg. I've been known to wear a bandana on the beach to protect my hair (colour co ordinating with the bikini lol) and that really protects it. Only thing is I then get the natives speaking to me in their language as they think I'm Spanish/German etc haha

Lol! Unfortunately I too am old enough to remember Deputy Dawg. I've been known to wear a bandana on the beach to protect my hair (colour co ordinating with the bikini lol) and that really protects it. Only thing is I then get the natives speaking to me in their language as they think I'm Spanish/German etc haha

Lol! The more I think about it, the more I think I should just stick to my hat! ;-) xx

Latest posts

Back