% split renting a room - even one word answers would be fab :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pureholistic

Reaction score
Hello all - I would really appeciate your answers regarding how much % commission you pay to rent a room?

I've been offered a room within an established beauty salon:
The owner works there alone and has a full book. I would more or less be starting from scratch although i'd have all new clients as she's too full to take any more on. Its a suburb out of the city, with some passing trade but i'd be marketing myself...

She's asking 25% of my takings and I need to make a quick decision and really dont know if that's good or not :?:
The room has a couch but i would provide all my own stock, towels, and cant use her card machine.

Thanks in advance geeks for any response xx

That's great x

Old salons I have worked in-
£25 per day (bad area I only just covered the rent)
70% - 30% favouring me

Current salon-
Huge name very big business that everyone knows and has heard of with good rep- 60%-40% x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Also you will always have to provide your own stock x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

That's what I pay to rent a room and think it's fair , plus always good to pay a % if ur starting from scratch so u don't end up owing more than u made

Sounds very good

very good, go for it!!!

the good thing about that is if someone doesn't turn in you don't pay, if you are on holiday or on the sick, you don't pay.

I do something similar in one of the rooms I rent.

Thanks everyone, yes I've been searching for ages for somewhere with a % basis rather than daily rental as otherwise it would worry me sick if the phone wasnt ringing with appts!!
Thanks for your input :)
xxx

I give 20% or 30% If I'm using the spas product. It's the best arrangement as the more you make the more they make!

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

I just started in a salon and it is 60/40 in my favour so I think that is good for you.

Latest posts

Back