split tips come back to 'haunt me'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
I have posted on this before.....but i just cant stop it happening.

Its not on EVERY nail or every set, but when using my Millenium Tips i often get cracking free edge to cuticle direction using gel overlays.

Can anyone recommend another tip...i have a sample of the nsi...the white looks 'grey/white' so not keen on them.

I have a few Creative samples in my kit (but only clear not white - would like to see them before i part with £40!) but i do like the 'velocity'.

I want 1/2 well.

I bought some new tip cutters so i know its not that.

Thanks v v much, i really want to get this problem sorted.

Ambx

Hello I can not answer your question as I am quite new to all this but I use the nails that you have been using and have had no trouble with the splitting.
Also I have got some of the NSI white tips you talked about and yes I thought the same they looked grey! but I have used them and they look great on the few people I have put them on are very happy with them.
I hope you get this sorted I will keep looking as I may need to know the answer to your question one day.
Carolyn xxx

Hi Amb, I'll be interested to see what advice you get as I have started to get this again on the odd tip. I use the Tip Company tips, except on flat nail plates when I use LCN 100 tips, but I get the prob on both so really think it is something I am doing wrong rather than the tip. Good reminder though as I may need a new tip cutter (should listen to my own advice shouldn't I!).

Hi Guys...

Have you looked at your prep? Too much dehydration or primer on tip? These won't show up right away. Could the tip be the wrong curve? Maybe to deep for flater nails??? Search for Split Tips on this site and see if you can find anything.

Cheers

It's when I cut them you can see the cracks straights away, and I use flat well tips on flat nail plates. So think it must be my tips cutters. I know this has been covered before and I think it was Minkus that started the thread and got some great advice too!

Thanks all - going to try a new brand of tips - dont use primer with BIO but do use sanitizer - wouldnt say to excess though!

Will keep trying all !!

I can recommend the Tip Companies clear and natural tips and the same for Nail Orders as I have not had a tip split yet

Previously have used Stars Ultraform and their Deep C that again were problem free.

Hope you solve this problem

Latest posts

Back