SPMU start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi thanks for getting back to me, really glad all is going well and definitely think I will do an introductory offer like you to get my name about! Suppose no risk no gain! X

I'm currently booked in with 'natural enhancements' for a SPMU course in March. If anyone could help with personal experience, i would really appreciate it! Im really looking forward to the course and can wait to start transforming clients brows, liner and lips. I'll also be trained in scar camouflage and areola reconstruction if anyone has done this, do you get many clients?

- Is it better to pay room hire or a percentage? If a percentage, what is reasonable?
- What to charge models for my portfolio? would £99 with a free touch up be reasonable?
- What is the best way to make card payments?
- what bank is best to start up a business account?
- has anyone used groupon? I know a SPMU from portsmouth that said its best to use this as your starting out to build your client base?
- How did you find the first few months starting up?

Many thanks for reading!!

Roxie :)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your new career path!
I would say that a room hire rate would be the best idea.
£99 per model is definitely reasonable (get them to sign a photo waiver agreement)
Business account, beware, you'll be charged for the privilege!
Ovatu booking system & stripe payment is an excellent place to start.
Steer clear of Groupon (just my opinion)
I would say that it takes a good 12 months to get really confident and feel good about your work, I'm in my 3rd year of spmu.
Women's networking groups is a great way to start building your business.
Hope this helps :)

Wow you have done fantastic! That's a lot of clients is that charging full price how much? I'm in leeds so prices may be a little cheaper, have you got your own shop/place? I'm planning on going with Dermace I've done a lot of research and keep going back to them. Suppose it's just the fear of having no customers and not covering the costs of rent etc.

AmyL did you train with Dermace? xx

Latest posts

Back