Spoon Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pibsy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to ask about a client of mine who has spoon shaped nails. i hope this makes sense. They have a bit of a dip in the middle. How can I reinforce them because the nails come off. My other clients are fine and have no troubles it's just this one client. Please help...:grr::grr::grr::grr:

Do you mean for putting on enhancements ?
Use gel bond adhesive and it will fill the gap for you, and try the eclipse tips from creative they fit strange shaped nails hth

This type of nail does present a challenge to any nail technician becaue the balance is all wrong. When pressure is put on these nails they tend to go UP instead of down and this can loosen the enhancment.

Good advice from Loubylou ... using CND GelBond adhesive and lowering the tip only so far down as to fill the gap/dip (yes, the nail tip well does not go all the way to the natural nail but does harden) the GelBond acts as the shock absorber this type of nail needs so they last well until the nail grows out.

This type of nail needs new full sets every 2-3 months, and you might as well tell this to the client straight up.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice I use Young Nails L&P. so yous saying I should use tips? As I would usually sculpt.

Thanks again

Pibsy

Hi,

Thanks for the advice I use Young Nails L&P. so yous saying I should use tips? As I would usually sculpt.

Thanks again

Pibsy

Tips with the shock absorber Gel Bond last longer than sculpting this type of nail as you have already found out. There is no shock absorbancy when you have a hard inflexible zone 2 .. that is the whole point of using Gel BOnd. You can use this with the system you are using. Might as well try something new, as what you are doing presently is not working for you.

Latest posts

Back