Spray Tan after Tattoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy32

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long you have to wait after someone has had a tattoo before they can have a tan?

i waited until my scab had completely healed...around 2 weeks. before that, i just wore my leggings and pulled them right up and over the tattoo (on my waist)

Thanks, got someone wanting a tan on sat and she had her tan on 2nd Feb so i'll ask her if the scab has healed yet or not x

i think its just so the scab wouldnt get infected but to be honest, mine was pretty much healed after a week. depends on size and where it is, mine was pretty big so didnt want to risk it. and im sure you dont wanna risk it either! :) x

Fresh new Tattoos are meanies when it comes to applying a spray tan.

If it isnt fully healed or has any signs of broken or seepage scab DO NOT apply a spray tan to this area ,no matter how much your customer begs you to do so,as the skin is broken and irritation or infection can occur.

If it is healed and the scab unbroken you can apply solution however you now have a different problem in that the scab has a tendency to "grab" solution as dry skin will do.

The best resolution in this situation is to apply a layer of Vaseline,barrier cream or a heavy moisturiser to the area thus creating a barrier.

The healing process and right and safe time to apply a spray tan to a recently tattooed area differs from person to person so simply check the healing and go from there.

Whatever you do DO NOT apply solution directly onto a wound (which is what this is) that is inflamed,seeping,broken or not fully healed and even then apply a barrier until such time as any scabbing has completely left the skin.

HTH :hug:

Yes as collin said you must cover the tattoo as it is an open wound until completely healed...if your client wants a tan that bad she will agree to cover the tattoo with either vaseline or a dressing or go with out the tan i know which one i`d rather do!:eek:

Latest posts

Back