Spray tan and lash/brow tinting on same day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach Dilks

Reaction score
Hi I've never been asked this before. Client has asked for spray tan and lash and brow tinting on same day. Is this on to do if so I presume you do tint first.

I think its alright to do.so providing the tint doesent react with the tan to give someone.green.brows.lol
But yeah id.definately tint. First xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

You should not tint and tan on the same day and this should be listed in your tanning contraindications.

Tint should be done min of 24 hours before.

The tint can react with tanning solution and turn hair ginger.

There are however some geeks who do tint and tan on the same day. I would expect my insurance to be invalid if I did the 2 together (I would say ring and check if you plan to risk doing the 2 together).

You should not tint and tan on the same day and this should be listed in your tanning contraindications.

Tint should be done min of 24 hours before.

The tint can react with tanning solution and turn hair ginger.

There are however some geeks who do tint and tan on the same day. I would expect my insurance to be invalid if I did the 2 together (I would say ring and check if you plan to risk doing the 2 together).

I can vouch for this, tinted my own brows and sprayed myself and ended up with ginger brows :/

I thought this was the case ill contact client and explain thanks geeks :)

Sorry I realise this thread is A month or two old, just did a search! Wanted to know is 24 hours between tint and tan enough/ok or not? Have a few clients who have a posh ball coming up and wouldn't want their eyebrow to turn ginger!

Sorry I realise this thread is A month or two old, just did a search! Wanted to know is 24 hours between tint and tan enough/ok or not? Have a few clients who have a posh ball coming up and wouldn't want their eyebrow to turn ginger!

Yes 24 hrs is enough. I put on barrier cream if they've had it done less than 24 hrs x

Yes 24 hrs is enough. I put on barrier cream if they've had it done less than 24 hrs x

I was going to say can you not put on barrier cream / spray to prevent the tan affecting the colour of the brows?

I've tanned and tinted on the same day, I tinted eyebrows 1st and then tanned and it came out fine no green or ginger eyebrows :) you could apply Vaseline as a barrier if you were worried.

I was going to say can you not put on barrier cream / spray to prevent the tan affecting the colour of the brows?

I had a tinting course in the morn and spray tan in afternoon so tried both products myself that day. My eyebrows stayed the same colour. I used sienna x barrier cream!

A question to all those who say they do both the same day:

Are you actually insured to do this?

I would not be covered as my insurance company tell me to follow my training - this states to do them 24 hours apart.

Also I use a lot of Vaseline when tinting and would be too worried about it creating a barrier on the eyes!

Tint first and put vaseline just over the brows then spray tan.

Last edited:
I do both at the same appointment too and never had anyone's brows go a strange colour!
In fact I have one cleint and I tint her brows and then leave the tint on while she gets ready for her tan. I then spray her everywhere except her face. I then wipe her tint off and spray her face and her brows are fine.

Hi I know this is an old thread but its the closest I can find...
I'm getting my first hd brows on Friday, would it be ok to have a spray tan tonight or will it affect it? X

Hi I know this is an old thread but its the closest I can find...
I'm getting my first hd brows on Friday, would it be ok to have a spray tan tonight or will it affect it? X
Having your tan before HD brows won't affect you having the brows done.

BUT having eyebrow waxing done after your tan will remove the top layer of skin & your tan with it.

Course it will, what a div I am!! Lol
I only told one of my clients that today, I forgot about the waxing part lol

Oh dear, I think I need some sleep! Haha
Thanks BB xx

Latest posts

Back