Spray tan caused blue patches?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad_4_Massage

Reaction score
Just thought id drop in and post, a therapist at the salon i rent my nail desk did a spray tan firat thing in the morning, the sixty minute tan by fake bake, and the woman came back an hour and half later with bright blue patches all over her back chest and arms?

Now ive been out of the tanning game fir a while but i knwo perfumes.products can turn tge tan gree, but ive not heard of blue? i checked thr consultation and the woman is a regular tanner who always has the same tan and follows all the advice, she even uses the fake bake scrub.

Any ideas? i know fake bake should be stored in the fridge, but they keep theirs in a cool room, apparantly the woman who the senior therapist spoke to didnt have any suggestions aboit what it could be and wasnt very helpful just kepy insisting fake bake wouldnt do that to a client.

Any ideas? And how can we get the blue off her? shes showered, exfoliated, scrubbed, soaked and oiled but shes still tinted blue.

Thanks my lovelies!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just thought id drop in and post, a therapist at the salon i rent my nail desk did a spray tan firat thing in the morning, the sixty minute tan by fake bake, and the woman came back an hour and half later with bright blue patches all over her back chest and arms?

Now ive been out of the tanning game fir a while but i knwo perfumes.products can turn tge tan gree, but ive not heard of blue? i checked thr consultation and the woman is a regular tanner who always has the same tan and follows all the advice, she even uses the fake bake scrub.

Any ideas? i know fake bake should be stored in the fridge, but they keep theirs in a cool room, apparantly the woman who the senior therapist spoke to didnt have any suggestions aboit what it could be and wasnt very helpful just kepy insisting fake bake wouldnt do that to a client.

Any ideas? And how can we get the blue off her? shes showered, exfoliated, scrubbed, soaked and oiled but shes still tinted blue.

Thanks my lovelies!

Blue ekkkkk:eek:

It would have to be a reaction to something on the skin. Product residue is the most likely cause (scrub, moisturiser, hair condition, deodorant over spray etc). You might be able to hazard a guess at the cause by the way it looks. The other thing could be medication or supplements, has she started anything new.

Hormones changes (HRT, pregnancy etc) may be a factor, however I have never heard of anybody going blue!

In terms of getting the tan off she needs lots of long soaks in the bath with oil and then scrub it with natural bristle brush or microfibre cloth. Tbh she is unlikely to get it all off for a few days. If she has prepped correctly the tan will have taken on fresh skin cells. Until they die and shed she will have the colour.

Its worth check the the guide colour has definitely been washed of too (although sound like it has been). Hth x

Blue ekkkkk:eek:

It would have to be a reaction to something on the skin. Product residue is the most likely cause (scrub, moisturiser, hair condition, deodorant over spray etc). You might be able to hazard a guess at the cause by the way it looks. The other thing could be medication or supplements, has she started anything new.

Hormones changes (HRT, pregnancy etc) may be a factor, however I have never heard of anybody going blue!

In terms of getting the tan off she needs lots of long soaks in the bath with oil and then scrub it with natural bristle brush or microfibre cloth. Tbh she is unlikely to get it all off for a few days. If she has prepped correctly the tan will have taken on fresh skin cells. Until they die and shed she will have the colour.

Its worth check the the guide colour has definitely been washed of too (although sound like it has been). Hth x

Nope, no new meds or hormone changes, the only thing shes done different is shes been eating more oily fish? Didnt think that would have anything to do with it but thats the only variable thats changes.

The girls have done her a full body scrub and oil body wrap to try and get the blue off, its faded slightly but she still looks rather smurf like.

And i had a god look at her today, the blue goes down her spine, along her shoulders and lower back - but not her waist, under her bum and top of her outer thighs, back of her knees and her lower arm is blue and the left side of her chest, everywhere else is normal?

Nevrr seen anything like it in my life!

Omg its mortifying!

It could be hair conditioner residue where she's washed it off her hair and residue has been ran on her back & shoulders. I know a few other geeks have had clients with the same issue, however that has caused streaking not smurf skin!

Other thought was could it be dye off something else? She hasn't just got a new blue duvet set or a new blue dress etc has she?

Wow! I've never heard of tan turning you blue :/

I can't think of any advice that hasn't already been given on this tread but have subscribed as I'm keen to know if you find a answer.

I hope you find a answer :)

Hayley Fitzgerald x

Spray Tanning Trainer for Couture Professional Beauty

Spray Tan Technician

Beauty Therapist

Hair Stylist (in training)

Well ivejust tested the spray tan machibe, the woman was the last to gave her tan and the liquid was still in the machine, sprayed it on some paper and it came out normal, she has the same bedding as shes always had, had her hair washef and cut at a salon so no conditioner running down her,

Ivegot admit im baffled! Think after my last client goes tonight ill spray sone tan on my hand see if i can rule the tan out! its a new bottle so it should be fine, i guess well soon see!

Did she wear jewellery after the tan and did she have a zip touching her back? I did a tan yesterday and the lady wouldn't take her little silver heart necklace off. As I was tanning it was leaving little blue marks on her wherever I moved the necklace to. Possibly could be something like that.

Could be fabric powder or conditioner residue that been left on her clothes or dye from dark clothes they dont have to blue to have blue dye in them.

Latest posts

Back