Spray tan going patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzydi

Reaction score
Hi just started doing spray tanning after training and buying a full set up with tantrick and having problem with the 12% solution. The tan looks lovely for a couple of days but then it goes all patchy and speckled around the neck and chest area? really bad looks awful like someone sprayed over top of tan with bleach! I have done 3 people with this and followed routine to a t, also gun is set on very fine so not soaking. Any help please as cant carry on using it. Also made sure they all exfoliated thoroughly and moisturised night before.

If it only the 12s thats giving you a problem are you using any other strengths and getting good results with them

Hi just started doing spray tanning after training and buying a full set up with tantrick and having problem with the 12% solution. The tan looks lovely for a couple of days but then it goes all patchy and speckled around the neck and chest area? really bad looks awful like someone sprayed over top of tan with bleach! I have done 3 people with this and followed routine to a t, also gun is set on very fine so not soaking. Any help please as cant carry on using it. Also made sure they all exfoliated thoroughly and moisturised night before.

Assuming the rest of the body is cumming out fine as you aren't mentioning it and the problem is only around the neck and chest area it sounds like you are plying to much solution to this area ....very easy to do.:hug:

Im guessing the chest area is the bit between the breasts upwards...this is another area where it is so easy to apply to much solution...

Try on your next spray tan application to completely miss out these areas as sufficient over spray will drop from when you do the face and the breast areas.

Is it only the 12% your having problems with?

HTH :hug:

If it only the 12s thats giving you a problem are you using any other strengths and getting good results with them
hi its my first time using the 12% as i trained with the 10% and all was well with that one. I had it and so did my friend.

Assuming the rest of the body is cumming out fine as you aren't mentioning it and the problem is only around the neck and chest area it sounds like you are plying to much solution to this area ....very easy to do.:hug:

Im guessing the chest area is the bit between the breasts upwards...this is another area where it is so easy to apply to much solution...

Try on your next spray tan application to completely miss out these areas as sufficient over spray will drop from when you do the face and the breast areas.

Is it only the 12% your having problems with?

HTH :hug:
its the only one i used since training and have no info on who to contact if any problems? bought the HV5008 plus top of range gun, the latest model, and the boothe. Bit scared to do any more now though.:confused:

Did they wear bras? I know that might be a strange question but sometimes people start at the top and then stop at the bra line and they can linger a bit longer there without thinking so it can kind of splodge a bit.
I always spray horizontally across the chest and never had a problem with the chest area.

One more thing to consider is that the client needs to moisturise each day,
most clients will moisturise their face, arms and legs and forget about the rest of the body and then you can get this appearance with the tan,

the 12% may be too much for the skin also so try the same people with the 10%,

as for not knowing who to contact give the head office a call 0845 022 2233 and let them know who your trainer was and they will offer help and advise and give you your trainers contact details, hth :hug:

One more thing to consider is that the client needs to moisturise each day,
most clients will moisturise their face, arms and legs and forget about the rest of the body and then you can get this appearance with the tan,

the 12% may be too much for the skin also so try the same people with the 10%,

as for not knowing who to contact give the head office a call 0845 022 2233 and let them know who your trainer was and they will offer help and advise and give you your trainers contact details, hth :hug:
Thanks very much, all new to this and this is a great site

Can I make a suggestion.

Ideally it would have been better to practise with 8% - this gives a great colour to all bodies and isn't too dark - so that if you do make a mistake it's not as obvious as using 12%.

You say that you have just been trained - your trainer should have advised that you need to practise on at least 10 models to get the feel for the gun/solution/routine - this will then build your confidence in all aspects.

I would strongly recommend sticking with 8%, if you have this, and then progressing to the stronger strengths.

Tantrick solution all comes from the same supplier, so if there were a problem with one there is more than likely to be a problem with all. At the end of the day it really is down to practise and confidence.

Have faith - it will be fine. Take note of what people of this site say - positive feedback - and practise, practise, practise.

Good luck.

If the application is fine with the others then it's obviously not your technique.
It's no good spraying everyone with 8% till your confidence is up. Darker skinned people are not going to want an 8%.
I would strongly suggest that you turn the gun down a bit. Try pulling the gun a bit further away when spraying the chest area.
It's very easy to splodge on the chest area if you are only going down to the bra and then letting go of your gun.

Latest posts

Back