Spray tan gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
The tech who did my tan was lovely, it was my first ever one and I was quite excited. The day after I had it done and after I'd showered, my face looked really pale still, so I went back for a respray. Ive just got out the bath and my chest has brown splodges, my back has a couple brown streaks near my armpit/shoulder. My face, knees and feet are white. I have a wedding to go to in a couple of hours and I'm currently sitting in a towel crying. It's all going to be noticeable in my dress. I'm going to have to spend ages getting my face to look reasonably like my body. Thankfully my dress is long enough to cover the white knees and my shoes will cover my feet. My face, back and chest are disasters. Quite honestly I don't even want to go to this wedding now, I feel like a freak. I've fake tanned myself before and it's always looked good but never lasted long, which is why I went for a professional treatment. I'm not exactly filled with confidence in my appearance anyway and now I'm freaking. I went in for a confidence boost and go look good in my dress. The exact opposite has happened. I'm away for this wedding so don't have all my home supplies to fix it with and I'm now short on time. My partner doesn't quite get how miserable I'm feeling. There's nothing that can be done now except smother myself in make up or stay home. Guess I just want a bit of support from some other ladies who can empathise. Xx

oohft. didn't want to read and run. Hopefully a skin geek will be along although the forum can be quite quiet on saturdays. big hugs!

maybe someone will be able to recommend a tan corrector product. definately let us know where you are at the moment incase someone local can help. at least it is a little chilly today, so you wouldn't look out of place in a cardi if you wanted to cover up. otherwise just rock your attitude, and try and laugh it off... it's happen to many, in fact a wedding isn't complete without at least one guest with a streaky tan!

At least your nails are fab right!! :hug:

aw sorry to hear this. i cant help but could you get to a shop and by some instant tan maybe? hope you get it sorted and maybe after a few glasses of vino you can dance the night away and forget all about it xxx:hug:

Ohh dear,so sorry to hear you like this. I just had my spraytan course with Nouvatan ystd,so I'm totally fresh on the tan theme...but I'm a makeup artist more then 12 yrs,so lets see what I can think of for your help..

I understand that you are away from home,so limited access to products..

If you have,in your makeup bag just a brownish eyeshadow that could work out..or even better if you have a bronzed powder,then you are good to go..

I figure your "normal" face foundation is lighter then your actual spraytan neck?

If yes,then just mix on ur left hand,some of ur foundation,with just a tiny bit of the bronzed,or eye shadow...try it,it might work out.. I do that on really tanned girls,when my foundation is not the right color

Actually,most of the times,it looks worse when we see a super tanned face,and a white neck...keep that in mind, it's very easy to apply to a white face,then to make a too dark face lighter :)
maybe try to add some oil of some sort,on a facial towel,or baby wipe,and gently with circular movement try to go over the "Stains" u have on ur body..might reduce theme a little..

Thanks guys *hugs*. Thankfully I remembered to pack bronzer and a lovely illamasqua body brush! So I've bronzed the life out of myself And hopefully blended it all in! My face was so white. Now I'm just praying it doesn't rain! I'll get a bottle of the normal stuff from boots and fix it myself on Monday. I'm sure I'll only get people recommending me to go the place I went! They were all lovely but I don't think my skin was having any of it. My face is white under all this make up. Such a shame, but u live and learn. And yes my nails are fab! Xx

Latest posts

Back