Spray tan, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJane10

Reaction score
I'm studying for my level 3 beauty and I've recently done a spray tan course with sienna x. I really enjoy spray tanning and want to set up as a spray tan therapist however....

I have spoken to a couple of people in the industry 1 said they prefer fake bake and another said that solutions with too many different %'s becomes too confusing and it's hard to keep clients happy.

Please help! 😅

With sienna x kits starting from £499 I don't want to get this one wrong.

If anyone can help I would be so so grateful!

I love fake bake!

I like the results, & how well it wears. There has been stock issues in the past, so try not to let yourself run too low on solution before you order, & when possible do it on the phone so you can check they are in stock.

A lot of companies do sell different %'s, instead of a original/darker that fake bake do.

That doesn't need to be too much of an issue as long as they are the same brand you can mix the %'s.

For example
There are: 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 16% and a few offer 20%.

So if you had 8,12,16, you can make 10% & 14%.

25ml of 8% and 25ml of 12% = 10%. Which gives you 50ml of solution that is more than enough for one full body tan.

25ml of 12% and 25ml of 16% = 14%.

Equal amounts of each solution, just saves you stocking 5 different bottles.

Do you like sienna yourself? It really does help if you love the product/results yourself.

You may want to shop around & try different solutions yourself but you will need your kit to start with.

That price is similar to start up with fakebake.

Xx

Thanks so much!

That's really helpful, a friend of mine does fake bake and loves it however I've heard people complain that it is too dark.

I know I will never please everyone but I would like to try and stock the best and obviously the most popular brand. Have you tried anything else apart from fake bake, if so what did you think? 💕

Thanks so much!

That's really helpful, a friend of mine does fake bake and loves it however I've heard people complain that it is too dark.

I know I will never please everyone but I would like to try and stock the best and obviously the most popular brand. Have you tried anything else apart from fake bake, if so what did you think? 💕

Yes I have, when I left it too late to order fakebake. I tried suntana on 3 of my regular fake bake ladies, they all text the next day to say they loved the colour... 3 days later they all text to say its not fading well & going patchy, which was unfortunate as it was a great price & their customer service was fab! These ladies have tans week in, week out which is why I used them as guinea pigs.

Then I tried Nouvatan which I actually really like, but My ladies prefer fake bake. I do believe advertising what brand you use be it sienna or fake bake will bring you clients.

Xx

Yes I have, when I left it too late to order fakebake. I tried suntana on 3 of my regular fake bake ladies, they all text the next day to say they loved the colour... 3 days later they all text to say its not fading well & going patchy, which was unfortunate as it was a great price & their customer service was fab! These ladies have tans week in, week out which is why I used them as guinea pigs.

Then I tried Nouvatan which I actually really like, but My ladies prefer fake bake. I do believe advertising what brand you use be it sienna or fake bake will bring you clients.

Xx

I've heard Nouvatan is good too. I will definitely shop around before deciding,

sienna x also offer a contouring master class in spray tanning. Do you or have you used this whilst using fake bake?

Thanks for all of your help :)

I use fake bake , I love it, my clients love it, they know exactly what they are getting and they know it wears off well, (when they have had to go else where for a one off / bad snow day so they had to go closer to home - they hated it) ... Good for me tho for them to remember why they come to me ... :) ...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Okay great thanks for your help it sounds really good.

I've been looking a Nouvatan briefly tonight aswel.

Are the guns and machines by the same company or do you use whatever gun/ machine is best on the market? 💕

I just bought the mobile fake bake kit, all my stuff is branded & Ive had it just over 2 years with no problems! The zipper bag for my tent broke eventually but they sent a replacement out!

You can get cheaper guns/ tents but you usually get what you pay for. Same with tanning solution.

Fakebake had a minimum spend (when I bought my kit) to open an account so with the kit cost it did that no problem.

Xx

I use nouvatan and love it , nice golden brown colour smells nice and wears off lovely

I had my tent and gun from spraytanpro website they have some good kits x

Laura 🐶 x

We also use Nouvatan, I was trained with Nouvatan and the adjoining salon also uses it on customers and receives no complaints.

But as others have said, its all personal preference.

Happy tanning :)

With SiennaX kits starting from £399 I don't want to get this one wrong.

Our kits start from £399 (everything you need to get going), with FREE training you can use as a refresher later on in the year :) Not forgetting our superb multi-buy deals exclusive to our trade customers...

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

:)

Hi I use nouvatan which is fab colour and wear off is best so far for me. I have experimented with a few others such as

Natura sun - again great colour and wear off

Sienna x- good colour and wear off

Fresh indulgence- good colour and wear off

Suntana-smells great, sadly clients not as keen on colour and went patchy as wore off (a shame as they were super quick with delivery and first ones to send samples of all range without any cost at all) and its very reasonably priced. I might Give myself a go with it tho just to see what's happening here.

Before id trained in tanning, I had fake bake myself from a couple other tanners but tho I loved the colour I found the wear off terrible! And customer service not too great and the thing about are they still running or not? So just decided not to use that brand!

If anyone else could recommend any other brands please let me know! As I always like to say to clients yes I've tried that and give my advice/opinion.

Happy tanning guys 😜

Before id trained in tanning, I had fake bake myself from a couple other tanners but tho I loved the colour I found the wear off terrible! And customer service not too great and the thing about are they still running or not? So just decided not to use that brand!

?????????
(are you sure you sure you used the oil free moisturiser everyday and started to lightly exfoliate after 3 days after you had your fake bake tan ...?? - were you given this advise as you said it was before you trained ??? ... Do you use correct exfoliator / moisturiser with any of the brands you've used ???

Not being picky but I keep hearing tan doesn't wear off well goes patchy - most of the problems whichever product used is aftercare & Pre tan advise ... And not moisturising each day with correct products ... !!!

... Like I said I use fake bake, my clients love it, I love it - on the odd occasion (snow days) that they have had to go else where they said that no way would they have anything else now, or go anywhere else, they love the wear off as it fades gradually, and is not patchy.... But then I make sure they all have Pre / after care advise and most buy the oil free moisturise / exfoliator - i will only guarantee my tans if they follow all advise - never had any problems at all, infact iv converted quite a few to fake bake and now will have nothing else...

...Also fake bake are still running (don't know why this is still being said ... After a few issues with a partner The CEO handed it back to Fake Bake United Ltd ... !!!!
Customer service ... Although iv never had any problems as I am always stocked ahead with all my products, but I have heard of some therapist who have run out (as stock in their warehouse needs to come from America) but again - iv never had a problem as always have 2- 4 bottles at all times ... !!! ... This is called stock control .... X

... And breath .... had a proper rant then ... Lol .... Xxx

Agree with the above, Fake bake is still running & I was unfortunate to run out of stock at the wrong time (wont do that again) ive never had a problem with wear off as it does fade gradually, which not all tans do.

Personally since fake bake has changed to fake bake united I haven't had any problems with customer service either.

Xx

Thanks all for your advice!

I'm going to go with sienna x. No one offers spray tanning in my area either so that's a great start.

I'm verrrry nervous to start, fingers crossed 😕

Thanks again

Xx

Thanks all for your advice!

I'm going to go with sienna x. No one offers spray tanning in my area either so that's a great start.

I'm verrrry nervous to start, fingers crossed 😕

Thanks again

Xx

Oh thats great! Good luck 🍀 you'll be fine, just practise & advertise well 😊 xx

You'll be fine once you've done your training ...
Good luck

Xxxx

Thank you!! 😄

I recently did my tanning too,there were lots of different products..nouvatan was recommended as well as suntana,but when I asked clients they had not heard of the brands and were unsure if they would use it.so I have gone with white to brown and vita liberata is also recommended.
White to brown is well respected and the colour is great.I also asked advice about kits...salon owners and workers advised me to buy off eBay as the machines are exactly the same!ylu just pay extra for the different brands.i went with their advice and the machine I bought is fantastic!

hi could any of you ladies put links up to your recommendations please so i no they are genuine products looking at training plus kits please

Latest posts

Back