Spray tan machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not really sure where to post this, so I'll put it here.

I ordered a spray tan machine from a website (I won't say which in case it's not allowed) and when I initially made contact they said there would be a two week wait, which was fine. That was a month ago.
They emailed me after the two week period to say that the stock was due back in and the order would be fufilled over the coming week. Since then I have heard nothing. I've emailed them four or five times, and phoned them five times. Each time I phone they say they will take my number and call me back which they never do.

The last time I phoned I insisted on being put through to someone in sales which they wouldn't do.

So now I am starting to think I have been ripped off and there is something dodgy about the place. I got onto the European Consumer Centre who are going to try to contact them but is there anything else I can do??

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm bloody raging because it was an early birthday present from my boyfriend. :sad:

Hi, I'm not really sure where to post this, so I'll put it here.

I ordered a spray tan machine from a website (I won't say which in case it's not allowed) and when I initially made contact they said there would be a two week wait, which was fine. That was a month ago.
They emailed me after the two week period to say that the stock was due back in and the order would be fufilled over the coming week. Since then I have heard nothing. I've emailed them four or five times, and phoned them five times. Each time I phone they say they will take my number and call me back which they never do.

The last time I phoned I insisted on being put through to someone in sales which they wouldn't do.

So now I am starting to think I have been ripped off and there is something dodgy about the place. I got onto the European Consumer Centre who are going to try to contact them but is there anything else I can do??

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm bloody raging because it was an early birthday present from my boyfriend. :sad:
It would be fair to say that you have demonstrated considerable patience here and my advice would be to ring them and ask for a full refund given the situation and then order elsewhere.

HTH

It would be fair to say that you have demonstrated considerable patience here and my advice would be to ring them and ask for a full refund given the situation and then order elsewhere.

HTH

My patience is really starting to run out. :(
I rang again today and was fobbed off again even though I told them I would like a refund and I have made a complaint with the European Consumer Centre. The guy on the phone just said "There is nobody in accounts free I'll just have to take your number".

I really feel like the whole set up is dodgy and I've been ripped off to the tune of €260 (£225).

I sympathise with you, something similar happened to me but i did get my goods. They were incorrect so i have been trying to get them to re send the correct item, they keep fobbing me off its been going on since February and now i have given up. I have tried a solicitor friend, the ombudsman and threats to the company with no avail. I will NEVER buy from e.bay even thought it was a reputable (?) beauty salon suppliers. I was told by customer service from e.bay site that if it had been in the last 45 days i could have done something. I told them i was in contact telephonically with the company but that doesnt count. A lesson i could have done without as if times arnt hard enough as it is then you get scammed.:(

Aw sorry to hear that Susan :sad:

Can paypal not do anything? I contacted them and they have opened a case for me.

I am going to be very wary about ordering anything of the net now. There is a trade show over here in Oct so I am just going to save up and wait until then to buy a new machine.

I got my money back! Thank god.
Still haven't heard from the company though, I went through pay pal to get my refund.

I got my money back! Thank god.
Still haven't heard from the company though, I went through pay pal to get my refund.

Well done and now that you have your refund you can move forward onto better things :hug:

Latest posts

Back