Spray tan on feet and hands ~ I don't do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuba1984

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I don't apply tan to the hands or feet when I spray tan clients as I think the overspray is sufficient....'there are so many different techniques and opinions on spray tanning though how do you know you're doing it right? I've never had a complaint so must be doing something right!

I think everyone is different and it would depend on individual techniques.

I'm relatively new to tanning (trained in July) and when I first started I didn't spray the feet but I spray both hands and feet now.

After practicing on friends and family I found that my feedback was that the feet were not tanned enough. I was being over cautious and not wanting to spray in case it was too dark but have since found that the overspray wasn't coloring the feet enough for me.

That said my tutor never sprays the feet and has never had any complaints.

If it's working for you then stick to what your doing 😃

If your over spray is tanning the feet & hands dark then I'd say your gun isn't set at it's best because when your gun is set correctly there is hardly any over spray.

Hi geeks,

I don't apply tan to the hands or feet when I spray tan clients as I think the overspray is sufficient....'there are so many different techniques and opinions on spray tanning though how do you know you're doing it right? I've never had a complaint so must be doing something right!

ummm well if you are more than happy with the outcome of your tans using the technique that your using...then your doing it right :wink2:

I was taught to quickly spray over both the hands and feet. I give the feet a quick mist over and the hands I spray over quickly with the hands in a claw like position.

I always apply moisturiser to the hands & feet before spraying this stops the tan from clinging to any dry areas. I'm not sure what your trained in. But I'm trained in St Tropez and they taught us to spray the hands and feet just the once whereas the rest of the body is twice. Also make sure your spay gun isn't too close when spraying them- hope this helps! X

I quickly spray the hands and feet after putting barrier cream on the nails and the tiniest bit on any dry patches like on top of the foot :)

Latest posts

Back