Spray Tan Rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xChloex

Reaction score
:mad: I'm a newbie on here and this is my first post - I'm sorry but I need to get this off my chest.

It all started when my sister asked if I could do her and her friend a spray tan together. Of course, I said yes and went round to do the 2 tans. After a lot of praise (a lot a lot) and her saying "oh I love it, I want you to come round and do this every week" I left her my card and a set of written aftercare instructions for her to follow. I also told her before I did the tan all the prep she needed to carry out. Oh, AND, I got her to sign her record card to show that she had understood and received my aftercare etc. She then called me back after 6 days and asked me to do a top up tan as she really liked the first one and as she had said the first time, she wanted it done all the time. I went round, did the tan, left the aftercare again and she was still full of praise. The next thing I know, 5 days down the line, she phoned my sister to tell her that she didn't like the colour of the tan from the start and didn't like how it had turned out and either wanted a refund or a free tan.

Is it just me or did she just contradict herself? If she didn't like it, why ask me to come back and do her a second tan, let alone a free one.:grr: I got really upset at first but then realised (and had been told) that she was pushing to see if she could get what she could out of me. I was so mad 'cos I knew I hadn't done anything wrong, and can say I'm 90% confident she didn't follow my aftercare or prep. I decided to refuse her the refund and the free tan which then resulted in a bombardment of nasty text messages. Eventually they stopped when she realised I wasn't going to cave in but I she made the situation worse by bullying my sister afterwards.

My mum was worried she would put a bad word out about me but at the end of the day, she's only going to tell her friends and if her friends are anything like her, I don't want them as clients.

There....rant over!! Sorry for starting on such a negative note!!!

Chloe x

got really upset at first but then realised (and had been told) that she was pushing to see if she could get what she could out of me.

That's the one! She's trying it on and you did exactly the right thing. NO REFUND! However I would have threatened her with the police if I had got an abusive text ... either that or totally ignored it. Some people ... like you say you don't need people like that at all. And never worry about people bad mouthing you, especially when you have done nothing wrong. That sort of person does it about everything and all their friends will just ignore them - not a nice experience for you though :hug: .

Welcome to the site btw!

Dont you just hate clients like that??
Im sure it will blow over,im sure you did nothing wrong and she sounds very nasty.
I have a saying,people like that will get thier comeuppence,just keep positive and good things will happen!
Welcome,voice your opinions and above all have fun!:lol:

Don`t worry what goes around comes around and there will be plenty of great clients out there that will appreciate all that you do!!
Just move on hun and try and put this experience behind you!! xx

Thanks all of you! I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only one thinking how I did (and still do) feel on the matter.

I have put it down to experience and am just carrying on providing the services I know how to do correctly and that people actually appreciate!!!

xx:biggrin:

You will find every now and then you will come across a person just like this. It doesnt help your confidence tho.
When I first started out I sprayed a girl she loved it and booked again. I sprayed her again for her holiday and as far as I was aware she went off on holiday happy. A week and a half later she e-mailed me to say the tan didnt come out. I know I did everything right so I had no worries, but my point was that she waited until she got back from holiday and then e-mailed me three days later!! What could I do then?

One of my regulars called the other week to say her tan never come out as dark as usual. I could't understand why but offered a free tan she said she would pay half. Well I sprayed her again and she is still a regular and happy to know that she can inform me if ever unhappy.

Sometimes you just know when these people are trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Latest posts

Back