Spray tan: soap, gel & moisturisers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickcafc

Reaction score
Hi all, as we all know oil is the enemy, so what are the top choices of soaps, shower gels and moisturizers to use pre/post tanning? Sorry if this has been done before but it would be great to call on all of the experience out there for us less experienced to draw on. Thanks guys, Be lucky, Mick.

When I did my training with Nouvatan, my trainer recommended Sanex,Carex and Simple and Basic Radox shower gels.hth

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, yeah I use Simple soap, what about moisturizer ?

All my clients that have used rAdox pre tanning had tan dripping off them when I sprayed them

I use body shop body butters post tan and advise clients only to wash their 'pits & bits' with soap/shower gel, I was told dove and I forgotten the other brand 😁 are bad for dripping tans

i was trained with fake bake so i use their exfoliate in the shower and their oil free moisturizer i think it works great and a few of my clients have bought them and agree xxx

Hi, but what do you advise clients to wash the guide colour off with?

Hi, but what do you advise clients to wash the guide colour off with?

Personally I advise just water and a gentle rub with the hand to get guide colour off! I find standard shower gels ok but drying on the skin which can lead to snake skin. Its more important that client moisurises imo. I recommend nice thick body butters. I advise them to avoid dove, oils and Sanex at all costs!

Sorry to drag this out but I read somewhere that the guide colour had to be washed off with a gentle soap/gel and not just water. I think this is a bit of a grey area as there is no concrete advice, set in stone, forgive the pun, as to what should be used for washing/ moisturising. I would love to know a 100% safe way as I always feel a bit weak and insecure in the advice I give, ie. use a gentle soap and water based moisturiser. Cheers girls, be lucky, Mick.

Latest posts

Back