Spray tan speckles, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylajane

Reaction score
I have never seen this on a client before.
a new client came to me tonight, i spray tanned her and it looked perfect! she went home and sent me this picture saying this is what happens every time she gets a tan...
what is it? i have never seen this happen to a client in the 3 years i have been tanning....

14v2q9s.jpg

Hi

I actually have this on my back. My boyfriend noticed it a few months ago and when I have a spray tan it shows up worse. I'm not even sure myself what it is, apart from maybe just dry skin and not being able to exfoliate that area properly yourself without one of them back scrubber things. Mine doesn't itch or anything. I've tried changing washing powders and things but I still get it. Sorry I know I'm not being much help lol but just want to mention it x

obviously am only going off what I can see in the picture but this looks very similar to what I have and its nothing to do with your application at all, especially since she said it happens everytime she has a tan.

what I have is called pityriasis versicolour which is basically too much yeast in the body - if you google it you will get more info - but you can barely see the patches on me until I have a spray tan and then I look like a giraffe on my back lol. you can get medication and also the shampoo like selsun can be used in a diluted form on the body - not sure if you have that range there but maybe something similar

hope that helps a little
x

thank you for your reply! at least i know now it doesnt seem to be very common!

it's so strange to me, i have never seen it before. i know its not my application - which is a relief but I have told my client what you said and if she is interested to find out more she can go to the doctors.
I get the same type of thing almost on my shoulders from some very bad sun burns when i was younger, but wasnt sure if it were the same because my shoulders have freckles/scars from the burn and she didnt seem to have any skin conditions on her back before i started tanning her.
thank you for your help though!
i appreciate it!
:)

Latest posts

Back