Spray Tan Training? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Ok, not sure if my other post has been overlooked on the end of an old thread or if no-one knows the answer? :eek: but i'm hoping that someone will be able to answer these questions for me....I am 'considering' becoming a trainer for spray tanning..

a) Do you need extra insurance to cover you for teaching, if so do you get that personally or does the manufacturer that you are training for cover you under their insurance policy?

b) Do you think I should do the city and guilds 7303 teaching course? (sounds like an absolute nightmare from what I have read!)

c) when you work for a company as a trainer do you control the hours you work, if they come to you or you go to them etc.. do you set the charge for that or is that decided for you by the company you work for?

d) Do any of you train for more than one company?

e) What perks do you get i.e discount off products? first person who says I get a pink smart car i'm there!! :green: :green:

f) What is involved in becoming a trainer? do you just go on a day course or is it longer? do you get more indepth training on how the products work, training on all the different types of machines etc? and what is the cost to me to do this course? I assume it varies from company to company so I'd be interested to hear a variety of answers if possible..

g) are you made to sell sell sell to the customer or have they normally bought their equipment before you even get there? dont fancy having sales targets to meet, more interested in the tanning side, I understand this would cover health and safety, after care etc..

sorry for all the questions but i'm still in the early stages of deciding.. don't want to commit and realise i've made a mistake down the line!

If you'd rather not post on this thread then please PM me.

Thanks in advance :hug:

Ok, not sure if my other post has been overlooked on the end of an old thread or if no-one knows the answer? :eek: but i'm hoping that someone will be able to answer these questions for me....I am 'considering' becoming a trainer for spray tanning..

a) Do you need extra insurance to cover you for teaching, if so do you get that personally or does the manufacturer that you are training for cover you under their insurance policy?

b) Do you think I should do the city and guilds 7303 teaching course? (sounds like an absolute nightmare from what I have read!)

c) when you work for a company as a trainer do you control the hours you work, if they come to you or you go to them etc.. do you set the charge for that or is that decided for you by the company you work for?

d) Do any of you train for more than one company?

e) What perks do you get i.e discount off products? first person who says I get a pink smart car i'm there!! :green: :green:

f) What is involved in becoming a trainer? do you just go on a day course or is it longer? do you get more indepth training on how the products work, training on all the different types of machines etc? and what is the cost to me to do this course? I assume it varies from company to company so I'd be interested to hear a variety of answers if possible..

g) are you made to sell sell sell to the customer or have they normally bought their equipment before you even get there? dont fancy having sales targets to meet, more interested in the tanning side, I understand this would cover health and safety, after care etc..

sorry for all the questions but i'm still in the early stages of deciding.. don't want to commit and realise i've made a mistake down the line!

If you'd rather not post on this thread then please PM me.

Thanks in advance :hug:

Funny enough Sherrie..after loging in I was going to answer your question on the previouse thread but you have now opend this one..dam..to slow again :lol:

I think it probably not apropriate to comment openly on what is needed and the benifits as probably against site rules.

if you do want specific details about our brand (as I cant pass comment on others)I will behappy to send you this infomation in private.

I think I would be fair to say to say that being a trainer isn't going to make you rich so to become one you need a willingness and openness to learn yourself and of course a desire to teach others.

A willingness to pass on your skills and knoledge to others is of the utmost importance...if you have those atributes then you will make a good trainer.

It takes a certain type with this desire to be succesfull...

If you have the passion and ability to pass on knolledge and skill you will not only be a good trainer but derive the most unbeleivable feeling of personel acheivement..

To see someone go off and undertake a function which they love and which provides a route to income just because you were the one who trained them to do so is simply awsome :hug:

Well, I do have the desire to help others.. that's why i've been PMing geeks on here trying to help them get to the bottom of their problems, dont think i've done too badly even without being trained lol :wink2:

Don't think i'll ever be a millionairess out of it but job satisfaction is important like you say.

Yes please do send me the info Collin, I want to know the INs and Outs of everything! :green: do I get to choose the shade of pink I want?? pmsl!! :lick:

Well, I do have the desire to help others.. that's why i've been PMing geeks on here trying to help them get to the bottom of their problems, dont think i've done too badly even without being trained lol :wink2:
I know you have been an absolute star :hug:

info on it's way :hug:

Great thanks Collin, cant wait to receive it!! not that i'm impatient or anything!! :lick: :D how you sending it? Via Pm or through the post?

Anyone else?? :green:

Great thanks Collin, cant wait to receive it!! not that i'm impatient or anything!! :lick: :D how you sending it? Via Pm or through the post?

Anyone else?? :green:

Patience is the main atribute a trainer needs :hug:

Hiya chuck, just wanted to add, the 7303 isnt that much of a nightmare at all, I have 3 weeks left and done all my assignments to date and to my shock I passed them all!!! I now have my micro teach left to do and evaluations on others micro teaches.

It hasnt been a nightmare to be honest, its maybe taken me right out of my comfort zone admittedly but I can say it HAS helped!!

For company specific training (I cant answer for every company of course!!) but I dont believe you need a 7303 just knowledge, determination, enthusiasm, patience and all the other things our lovely collin mention :hug:

However if the training side of our industry interests and you passionate about it then a 7303 is the requirement needed from the insurance bodies (guild etc) if you wanted to write any of your OWN courses, and get them approved.
The 7303 is also the starting block if you wanted to get into FE colleges and schools, there is a year long diploma following this course (part time) which then gains you the quals you need to be a beauty tutor in such settings.
Its also worth remembering here, if you are invigorated and inspired by training, that the diploma in beauty for 14-16 myears olds kicks in this september.
Hope this helps

:green:

Thanks for that, I have enquired at my local adult education centre and they have courses starting in September so are going to send me a pack which needs to be completed before I can enrol. They offer two options, a 5 day course or a 12 week part time evening course... think i'd go for the evening couse just so its a little less intense and I'm not in a mad rush to get it.

I think it would be good to have for the future like you say, if I wanted to expand my horizons :green: and if they make it a requirement for companies training too then I bet the price will go through the roof! it's just over a hundred pounds for the course i'm looking at, some i've seen on the net are much higher!! some getting on for six hundred for the same course? :eek:

Patience is the main atribute a trainer needs :hug:

enthusiasm must be quite high on the list too?....still waiting for my info....:zzz:

Just wanted to add Sherrie that I think you'd make an excellent trainer. You have been so helpful, giving me lots of free advice on kits, training etc (the list goes on!).

You have just what it takes to make it...go for it girl! :green:

Thanks hun, :o x

Just wanted to add Sherrie that I think you'd make an excellent trainer. You have been so helpful, giving me lots of free advice on kits, training etc (the list goes on!).

You have just what it takes to make it...go for it girl! :green:

You'll have to start charging me soon mind! :wink2:

enthusiasm must be quite high on the list too?....still waiting for my info....:zzz:

Did I not pm you with the details regarding being a trainer for Tantrick many weeks ago Sherrie when I discussed training with you?

Is there something else you needed besides the details I discussed with you back then?

Yes you did thank you Jen :hug: but I was hoping for more in depth information as listed in my initial post, I know some of the questions you have already covered for me as far as Tantrick goes, but I was hoping to have the answers regarding insurance, selling etc and thought I might hear other peoples experience with other companies too?

As I said, doesnt have to be on this thread, a PM would be most welcome if it's considered against the rules to post on here? :green:

Yes you did thank you Jen :hug: but I was hoping for more in depth information as listed in my initial post, I know some of the questions you have already covered for me as far as Tantrick goes, but I was hoping to have the answers regarding insurance, selling etc and thought I might hear other peoples experience with other companies too?

As I said, doesnt have to be on this thread, a PM would be most welcome if it's considered against the rules to post on here? :green:

tst tst tst ..now you didn't tell me you were already corrisponding with our Jen now did you Sherrie.:)

It would be somewhat rude of me to now butt in so I will leave you in the more than capable hands of Jen herself who is more than capable and willing to answer any questions for you on aprivate and confidential basis
The most apropriate and best way to do this is perhaps to give her a wee tinkle...

Good luck and I am sure you will be a considerable asset to any fortunate tanning company you decide to join up with:hug:

I'm sure Jen will be more than capable of answering my questions, I am not worried who answers but would someone please put me out of my misery? Keep rushing home for the post and nothing arrives! Thougt info was 'on its way' 4 days ago? :irked:

Latest posts

Back