spray tan with nut allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownasaberry

Reaction score
Hi everyone,just a quick question-does anyone know if spray tan solution contains nut extracts,as I have a client whos said that she has heard some solutions do and she has a nut allergy.I use La Tan and cant see any ingredients on the bottle that looks like it might be nut related?
Has anyone got any ideas?:rolleyes:thanx in advance.X

Normally this would be listed as walnut oil, or possibly juglone (which is a chemical present in walnut oil which stains the skin in much the same way as lawsone in henna does, as the two are chemically related). I seem to remember that these were present in "express" spray tan formulas as opposed to standard spray tan formulas which would contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA) and erythulose as the active ingredients - which should not normally be derived from nuts.

Hi Ruth,
Thanx for your comments thats very helpfull.The whole 'nut thing'stumped me a bit as I was pretty sure my solution didnt contain any but then again I couldnt risk my client going away with more than just a tan!!lol.XX

Latest posts

Back