Spray Tan ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyrose

Reaction score
Morning geeks!!

little off the nail subject, but i know lots of you guys do spray tans, im gettin one done this avo, first one! and apart from havin to stand in front of a stranger naked :o haha, is there anything i should do to get the best of my tan, the girl said to not wear deo or perfume or moisturiser today..which i havent..;) bit icky as im in work, but iv brought baby wipes...is it ok to use them before hand and is there anything else i should do...oh also..does it stain ur nails??

thanks a mill in advance...hope ur all well x

I always recommend shaving and exfoliating well at least 24hours before hand too, and no your nails should be fine!
Good luck.

Love

thanks gemma..yeah i did that..but i do that most days anyway...she never said too...odd! lol im worried now!

Don't be worried, we tanners see all kinds of shapes and sizes believe me and you wouldn't want us to spray you with our eyes shut now would you??
You will be fine and I am sure very pleased with the end result. Good luck.

Love

thanks gemma i know im bein silly...im sure itll be grand, im a real perfectionist tho...ima nitemare client...haha

dont use baby wipes with lots of lotion in.... a shower before is best really.
No make up, no deo, no moisturiser, exfoliate 24 hrs before same with shaving/waxing.... just remember anything that is on your skin will act as a barrier to the spray tan! so, you may not get as good results as you would if you are fully prepped. Also get a moisturiser that will enhance or work with the tan to prolong it..... quite a lot to do!! ha ha
what tan are you having by the way?:biggrin:

oh sorry DO put clear or something on your toe nails cos they will stain! and they take a long time to grow out. Wipe your enhancements off if you get any on it cos I think it could stain them although I havent had that problem.
x hth

thanks kristen...i cant hava shower before cos iv to go straight after work..thats why i brought the baby wipes...the tan is fake bake i think she said..i dont really know anything about tanning and iv never had to get it done before...this is at the request of someone..for an event. thanks for ur advice x

Hi Wendy Rose

I am living in the Midlands and I just saw that you are in Dublin, im heading that far on Sun bringing my sis shopping - could you recommend anywhere good that does gels at a reasonable price - (Sorry for hijacking)

I know when I am doing tans, I will just get the client to run into the bathroom and wipe deodrant or remains of baby wipes off.
I use IT tan, its fab and to get the best out of it make sure you follow the 'after care' ie shower and pat yourself dry, loads of moisturiser the following am after you get it done. Start to lightly exfoliate the 3rd day after application, your tan will come off lovely and even and you wont be all patchy.

HTH's :green:

hey nailschick thanks for the reply doll x

as for good priced gels?? me!!! haha nah i dont do them so much anymore and i wud make an exception for a geek but ill be in belfast..sorry :(.

im sorry i cant really recommend anywhere as iv never had my nails done by anyone else other than me, so i cud suggest a good name but it could be dreadful and then id feel bad, so im not really sure wat to tell u, brown thomas is a very respected name store it's kinda like ur harrods, but im sure they wud be pricey...sorry im not much help :( i hope u hava fab time...bring lots of cash :Scared:

oooooh sorry..midland in ireland...sorry i thought u were from the uk...
:o

Nailschick said:
I am living in the Midlands and I just saw that you are in Dublin, im heading that far on Sun bringing my sis shopping - could you recommend anywhere good that does gels at a reasonable price - (Sorry for hijacking)

Hi there,

If you want to give PM us or give us a call on 01 4599199, I can let you of salons in Dublin using Creative Brisa gel and/or CND L&P if thsts any help to you?

As for the shopping, check out Dundrum!!

HTH

Emer xx

yeahdundrum is great...i live beside it tho and the traffic and parkin is mental so go early..leave early...x

wendyrose said:
yeahdundrum is great...i live beside it tho and the traffic and parkin is mental so go early..leave early...x

Now the go early bit I understand, but leave early? Now why would you want to leave!! LOL just kidding Wendy, I'd say its a nightmare for you getting around the place at the weekend with all us shopping addicts clogging up the road! I'm still prepared to do it though (most Saturdays in fact!) :wink2:

xx

hahaha at this stage i cant stand the place...iv managed to get rid of the shoppers who park outside my house but it still takes me half an hour to get to my mams who lives five mins away...and yes im too lazy to walk..haha, u also spend a holy fortune everytime you go near it..haha its great tho...for others..haha

Oh I love Dundrum for shopping its either there or Liffey for me to buy my glad rags!!!

Its such a treat to get my nails done so I just pm'd you CND so hope to hear from you.

Thanks a mill girlies, hope your tan is fab in the am WD

NC :green:

me too...im goin now...im kackin myself..haha :Scared:

Latest posts

Back