Spray tanning 1-2 year old child?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trops

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I went to a brand new client's house to spray tan her and after doing her tan she asked me if I would spray tan her 1 and a half year old girl's face and shoulders! (for free but that's besides the point lol).

I had a sort of mind blank at the time about whether or not tanning a child that young was acceptable, so I refused to do it in the nicest way possible. The client was fine about it but insisted that some celebrities do it for their children, but still, I just refused.

What I'm wondering is this right or wrong, and if it's wrong, what would be the best way to explain that to someone?

Thanks!

Gosh, that's a bit icky.

Sounds like you handled a tricky situation pretty well anyway. You could always use the standard 'I'm sorry but my insurance company won't cover me as its against the rules' phrase.

I'd refuse on the grounds that it is the most tasteless thing ever!!!

Insurance companies can come in useful at times like this.

Well done!

Vic x

Thanks for the replies! I thought that too but didn't know if I was wrong! I think I'll give it the old 'my insurance wont cover it' and leave it at that lol! thanks!

Spray tanning a toddler unbelievable I'm not sure if that's tacky or just possibly cruel spray tanning a child because celebrities do it...the mind boggles

Wow! That is horrendous!! Well done for refusing :)

Some people do it for the disco dance competitions which I still think is wrong but it is becoming more and more asked for as the likes of the children's beauty pageants programmes and things like that are on television I personally wouldn't want my own child wearing fake tan that young so I defiently wouldn't spray tan someone else's child so good on you for saying no

I have sprayed as young as 5 - for dance comp's defiantly not for vanity:eek:
If the child didn't want to be sprayed I simply wouldn't do it but I have never struggled yet. The children see their older siblings and older dance peers coming for dancers tans and look forward to the day they are in formations and competitions for them to be a part of it too.
One thing I would always suggest is ensure you have written consent and defiantly a parent / guardian in the room whilst you spray the child. They may get nervous and of course it covers you as your insurance would most likely stipulate this (most not being CRB checked and all).
I wouldn't dream of doing it for vanity:oops:
I hope this helps should anyone 'want' to spray the younger clientele ;)

Interesting dilemma. If you do someone under the age of 16 you're not meant to do them topless. I wonder at what age that kicks in.

Just wondering. The youngest I've been asked for is 15 and had parent in the room the whole time and bra on.

Vic x

Interesting dilemma. If you do someone under the age of 16 you're not meant to do them topless. I wonder at what age that kicks in.

Just wondering. The youngest I've been asked for is 15 and had parent in the room the whole time and bra on.

Vic x

Hi Vic, I had no idea that you couldn't spray someone under the age of 16 topless! I'll need to take note of this as I have spray tanned children aged 10/11 for dance competitions! The mothers insist they don't wear anything though! Do you think I should refused to do this in future, or maybe have something about it in my consultation form perhaps? Thanks

Speak to your insurance but I was told on training that they have to keep a top on.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Speak to your insurance but I was told on training that they have to keep a top on.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
Will do. Thanks for the advice x

Man! I didn't use at home tan until I was 19. Let alone a real tan!!

Latest posts

Back