Spray tanning at a pamper evening!! Ah help!! :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi Ladies, ive got my 1st pamper evening at a local school at the weekend. Im really looking forward to it, but want to plan everything properly and get it all just right!!

I normally charge £20 for a spray tan - so how much shall i charge at the pamper evening? i beleive they are doing file & paint for £5 - i just dont know what to charge? do i go with half price and then give them some sort of money off voucher for their next tan??

also how much time do you allow between each client?

oh thanks in advance ladies - cant wait for your replies :) xxxx

Hiya....cant really be much help with the price though I will say that I dont think I'd go as low as half price! But i wanted to ask how you do this at a pamper party? Do they give you your own room? The parties I have been to have been all in the hall so im not sure how Id be able to spray anyone as obviously not many people will want to get their kit off in front of everyone? Thanks for your help and good luck! xx

Hi chickypie,
I'm also doing a pamper evening tomorrow night.
It is for cancer research and I'll be charging £10 per tan which is half price.
I'm going into a separate room but I'll have to have access to hot water, so I can flush my gun.
I've also booked 20 min slots for people but if I'm quicker them all the better :)

Deb x

So sorry to interrupt, Flush your gun?
Does spray tan get built up then after lots of use? how do you flush it?

Back to the subject, £12 pound sounds good to me and prehaps a re-book at £15?

Think that would entice me as a customer.

I agree wiuth above £12 on the night then give out either £5 off next treatment vouchers = £15 or give out 20% off next tratment voucher= £16

Just a quick question- at these sorts of pamper parties- at schools ect how to you get ypur pre tanning advice to clients? and do you just get everyone to fill out a consultation card while they wait?
Im interested in perhaps working with a few of the local schools but just wasnt sure how this worked?

Hi chickypie,
I'm also doing a pamper evening tomorrow night.
It is for cancer research and I'll be charging £10 per tan which is half price.
I'm going into a separate room but I'll have to have access to hot water, so I can flush my gun.
I've also booked 20 min slots for people but if I'm quicker them all the better :)

Deb x

I dont know why you plan to flush your gun. If your using the same make tan in different percentages even going down from a 12% to an 8% can be done without flushing the gun with water.

You just take the pot with 12% off and pull the gun's trigger gently to release any extra fluid in the pipe back into the pot. Wipe the excess off the pipe, lid and threads if you want to with couch roll/kitchen roll. I often just swap them without wiping the tiny bit of excess off.

Swap the 12% pot with the 8% pot (you should have a 4 pots with your kit so 1 for 8%, 1 for 10%, 1 for 12% and 1 spare or a higher % if you stock it and might use it).

When you then set the gun up - couch roll test - your spraying out the last of the 12% & pulling the new solution 8% through ready to spray the next client.

Hi i have attended a few pamper parties and have also got a few coming up.

I usually just go there to promote my business, i have a stand up banner that gives my name and details etc, i also give out flyers business cards etc, the one i hae coming up in June wants me to offer spray tans on the night, which i have agreed to do and have done before, i usually charge £15 mobile, but have offered to do them for £10 per person as there is no travelling costs and to hope to bring on board new customers.
In regards to pre tan info, we have a facebook page for the evening and i have put on there all the info you need to do before hand should you wish to have a spray tan on the night, this info is also on the leaflets being given out to promote the evening.
I am being provided with a room to spray tan in, with running water etc.

In regards to consultation cards i have register type spread sheet where i get them to fill there name in and tick each box when i have asked the relevant questions and then sign and date, but simple consultation cards are fine as well.

I will also allocate 20 minutes slot to each person.

Hope this helps.

I dont know why you plan to flush your gun. If your using the same make tan in different percentages even going down from a 12% to an 8% can be done without flushing the gun with water.

You just take the pot with 12% off and pull the gun's trigger gently to release any extra fluid in the pipe back into the pot. Wipe the excess off the pipe, lid and threads if you want to with couch roll/kitchen roll. I often just swap them without wiping the tiny bit of excess off.

Swap the 12% pot with the 8% pot (you should have a 4 pots with your kit so 1 for 8%, 1 for 10%, 1 for 12% and 1 spare or a higher % if you stock it and might use it).

When you then set the gun up - couch roll test - your spraying out the last of the 12% & pulling the new solution 8% through ready to spray the next client.

I've used Sienna 8.5 and 10.5% before and they are a bit thicker. Plus once my gun got clogged up after using these so I'm a bit paranoid, especially with it being a pamper night and i've got lots of ladies lined up. I dont want to embarrass myself if it starts to splutter. (hey i'm a virgo and I like organisation)

I'm only charging £10 because its for a very good cause. Normally my discount would be £5 off instead of £10

Last edited:
I've used Sienna 8.5 and 10.5% before and they are a bit thicker. Plus once my gun got clogged up after using these so I'm a bit paranoid, especially with it being a pamper night and i've got lots of ladies lined up. I dont want to embarrass myself if it starts to splutter. (hey i'm a virgo and I like organisation)

I'm only charging £10 because its for a very good cause. Normally my discount would be £5 off instead of £10

I too am a Virgo :) and like to be organised.

You really shouldnt need to flush your gun until the end of the session just before packing away and if you are doing this you are wasting solution & money.

If your gun is set to the correct settings then it should spray all day long without clogging up so long as it's clean at the start of the day no matter how thick the solution is.

Latest posts

Back