Spray tanning client with skin cancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberley8669

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who has just been diagnosed with skin cancer and has requested a spray tan this week. Just wondering if this is safe to go ahead with or should I cancel.
Many thanks.

hi Hun, sorry to hear that ive had it myself 15 years ago which is why i got into spray tanning.
is she having treatment ie, chemo etc or is she just having ir removed and monitored?
i sprayed my work mate the other day who had her melenoma removed on her leg but the stitches were removed and it was 98% healed.
i know when my mum had breast cancer i couldn't because of the radio therapy / chemo as may react. IM sure if its not life threatening its fine but maybe call your tan supplier to be 100% what do you use? X

You need to contact your insurance company to ensure you are covered to spray this client before taking it any further x

oh of course without question, your tan supplier should also prompt you to do that... But in terms of the client reacting to it for their benefit / knowledge, they probably want to check with their skin consultant dealing with them as well. A tan is an instant pick me up and i know it would give her a needed boost but as Lil'Gem has said too just cover all areas first, it will just depend on the severity of her treatment if any x

Hi, I have a client who has just been diagnosed with skin cancer and has requested a spray tan this week. Just wondering if this is safe to go ahead with or should I cancel.
Many thanks.

provided there is absolutely no broken areas of skin and that there is no irritation evident there really is absolutely no reason why there should be any adverse reaction to the cancer

just for her own peace of mind at this difficult time get her to just double check with her consultant ....simply from reassurance perspective

to gve you peace of mind also it is well worthwhile contacting your insurers

a spray tan would without doubt act as a good pep up for her :hug:

Latest posts

Back