Spray Tanning Course Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyk100

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to the whole Salon Geek website but am after some help. I'm currently looking to do a spray tanning course and have been looking at Xen Tan with Carlton Beauty, then Fake Bake and Siena X.

Sienna X is more expensive but you get more in your kit but not sure what is the easiest to use. Also need help about the guns as I have seen turbines are better than compressors. I'm only doing it mobile so don't want anything heavy any help is much appreciated.

Hi

I'm new to the whole Salon Geek website but am after some help. I'm currently looking to do a spray tanning course and have been looking at Xen Tan with Carlton Beauty, then Fake Bake and Siena X.

Sienna X is more expensive but you get more in your kit but not sure what is the easiest to use. Also need help about the guns as I have seen turbines are better than compressors. I'm only doing it mobile so don't want anything heavy any help is much appreciated.

Hi there!! I use Sienna x, however Xen-tan is wonderful too, and there start-up kits are just as reasonable. You need to get a couple of testers to try out for yourself! I use the hvlp5008, it is fantastic and reasonably priced :) good luck and i hths xx

The most popular machine at the moment is the maximist 5008 it can be used with any solution type and will give around 20 tans per litre,
all the major tanning companies offer this machine in there range and in my opinion it is the best, you can pay more but the machine will do the exact same job:irked:
you will get a pop up cubicle with your kit .. these are not the same there are some very cheap and nasty copies doing the rounds so be carefull, the last thing you want is to be at a clients house and for your cubicle to fail to collapse this does happen .. lots, with the cheap tents, in some companies kits you get a long list of peripherals ie hair nets sticky feet exfoliants tan extenders ect ect in reality most of this can be bought from ellisons or sallys for a 3rd of the price they charge you when its included in the kit so look into what your really paying for
Every company includes solution in there kit usually a couple of litres depending on price of kit sometimes 3 litres
Its my opinion that the solution is the most important part of the package as this is what gives you the finished results, and this is what your future business and customer satisfaction and reputation will be built on
DONT RUSH IN !! do your research read lots of posts on this forum ring a few companies and then make your decision best of luck in your new venture it can be very profitable as solution costs per tan is only around £1.35 :lol:

Hi sammy,

I have just trained at the carlton institute in the brentwood academy. They use Xen-tan and i think this is fab! Gives a lovely colour and in the kit i got the maximist 5008, this is fairly easy to use, i also got a fab pop up tent and half a gallon of tan to get me started, they also sent a massive poster and leaflets to retail the products. But as above do research the different companys as you will need to love the product and feel confident with their customer service as you will be re-ordering from them.

Good luck, enjoy your training!

:)

I would suggest Sienna X as they are accredited with The Guild, they have an extensive manual and they have a choice of equipment and the tent is the original tent. The solution comes in strengths that are easy to follow and has great results. It is a very popular choice and there is lots of support available from the company.

Latest posts

Back