Spray tanning gone orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Reaction score
Hi. I did some spray tanning last week using the Sol Glo solution and HVLP. When I 've finished it looked fine but the lady told me today that later it has gone orange. I did her daughter at the same time and she was fine, wanting some more today. Any suggestions?
Thank you all
Leni

Hi Leni

Well I'm surprised as one thing Solglo isn't and that's orange, I've found it to be one of the most natural looking spray tans.
If I were you I would contact Solglo and ask them for advice, maybe it's something she did afterwards?

Regards
Deb379

Sorry me again, I meant to say I was told one way to remove a spray tan is to use oil, never tried.

Deb379

Hi I use Solglo it is great, I had a lady who's hand went too dark, was holding the gun too near her hand. I went and exfoliated her skin and it did go a little bit. Also a flannel and soap in the bath can help. Or nail varnish remover but I only use that on me and not clients.

She may just have reacted differently to it than other people? Most of my clients who have had it love it and return again and again.

Hope it sorts itself out.

Hi Leni
Clients can go orange for several reasons, one of them is the solution has too high a DHA % for their skin, namely really pale skin types. Another reason is too much fluid sprayed on the skin, are you using the HVLP which United Beauty were selling along with the fluid? If that's the case you may find that it is down to too much fluid, perhaps you need to turn the nozzle back a bit further or spray further away. Lots of soaking in warm baths will help to encourage the skin to exfoliate. HTH
Liz

I've never used this product but used to work for a self tan company. I wonder if it was anything to do with her preparation? Did she use a non-compatable exfoliator/moisturiser before hand that could have affected it? With some tans, using preparation products that contain any perfume can affect the results. To remove a tan, going swimming is good as chlorine & sea water can bleach it. Or whitening toothpaste or lemon juice. Alternatively, St Tropez do a tan remover. It's designed to be used within the first 4 hours of application but might be worth a try?

Latest posts

Back