Spray tanning help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiders123

Reaction score
I've recently started spray tanning and overall it's been pretty ok, apart from their hands. They have ended up going really orange on the palms. What's your technique? Thanks in advance xx

I use aqueous cream and I give a small amount to every client to rub on their palms, knees, heels,elbows and top of toes. To stop this from happening hope this helps x
Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been using a barrier cream, plenty of it too :( x

Barrier cream and ensure clients are positioning their hands correctly ie palms down toavoid the spray. You could give them a wipe with a baby wipe after spraying as well

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You really need to avoid over spraying the hands it's all in the positioning & making sure their hands are facing the right direction & well out of the way when spraying other areas of the body. Also for them to avoid touching themselves & surfaces with any overspray & the area/tent you spray in.
Barrier cream also will help, although personally I've never applied it to the palms, but don't see the harm in this :) Avoid spraying the hands too closely & having the machine on a setting that's too high as well. HTH

And make sure they don't touch themselves!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

We offer barrier cream for the hands and knees. It seems to do the trick

Hi,
With our new Patented Perfection Brush dodgy hands and feet are a thing of the past. Several high profile Mua's and training schools are now using them.
Very simply, spray down the arm, stopping before the wrist, and the just lightly brush down onto the hands, same technique for feet. Any runs etc, no need to "dab" off just brush in. Great for hairline, behind ears, neck etc. Can also be used for body sculpting, six packs, hollow cheek etc, very easy to do and takes spray tanning to the next level. The silicon treated brush just washes out after use, and when dry, is as new. See our website for details of how to use and why every spray tanning therapist should have one.
Ambermist

I use sienna x & never have probs with tan hands. I use plenty of barrier cream for the client, ensuring they rub it in well, between fingers etc. palms flat during tanning, only spraying the tops of hands, not palms frm a distance (12" approx). Then supplying a tan exfoliating wipe for them to rub their hands on afterward & recommending they do not touch their body. Hope this helps x

Are you getting their palms when you are spraying the back of their legs? Make sure they keep their wrists bent so that their palms are facing the floor!

Amanda xx

In have been tanning for ten years and the best way to prevent this is to apply a moisturiser on the palms (I also use aqueous cream) and if they have dry hands I would also rub a little into the tops of the hands. I get my client to claw their hand right up before spraying just a light mist over them. This prevents white creases. I see so many people walking round with a nice spray tan but orange hands!

I ALWAYS wipe the palms at the end of a tan with a baby wipe just in case a bit of rogue spray landed where it shouldn't. Solves this problem but obviously stress to the client to not to touch their body with their hands. Can advise them to wear cotton manicure gloves or loose socks over their hands to bed to prevent hands touching elsewhere in their sleep.

Can anyone recommend something for removing spray tan??

I sprayed myself last week with disastrous results for the the first time ever, usually it's fine 😖

I'm having a spray tan tomorrow but want to make sure this is all off my body first!! 😣

Exfoliation is NOT working

Can anyone recommend something for removing spray tan??

I sprayed myself last week with disastrous results for the the first time ever, usually it's fine 😖

I'm having a spray tan tomorrow but want to make sure this is all off my body first!! 😣

Exfoliation is NOT working

Try applying baby oil all over, leave it for 1-2 hours if possible, wrap yourself in a warm bath sheet/dressing gown over the top, and then have a soak in the bath for a while (with a glass of wine to assist!) and give yourself a scrub with a body buffer/loofah or exfoliating gloves. It should help as oil based products will break a spray tan down x

Last edited:
I always apply a barrier cream to the tops of hands and palms. Do not spray directly on to the hands at any point just lightly spray above the tan will fall on the hands n feet anyways once tanned go over the nails of the hands n feet with baby wipes and around were the sticky feet and, and the palms if you dont spray on the hands you will only have the client to blame for touching there skin hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back