Spray Tanning kit, where to buy & training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickynok

Reaction score
Hiya Peeps,

Im a hairdresser & beauty therapist, have just come through a messy divorce & my home based business has hit a real decline as a result. I really need to get this up & running again & thought spray tanning would be a good way of intriducing new clients at the same time. i've been reading thtough all the posts & wow, think Ive confused myself even more! lol Initially I was thinking of going with either sienna x or tantricks for both training & a start up kit, but after reading all the posts really dont know.............so would love & appreciate some advice.

Secondly......I wont mention any names, but, had someone come back to me about training...& they have said it will only take three hours. Now I know its been a while since I was at college.....but surely, with all the theory, contra-indications etc, watching a tan being done, doing at least one model myself, learning exactly how to use the gun, clean it out etc.........shouldnt it take longer than that????

So, my other question is, du think I should do the training seperate & buy the kit from a decent place online, and then get sampples before deciding on what products to use???? I really wanna get going asap, especially with party season coming up soon, I wanna get all my practising well out of the way beforehand.

All idea's, thoughts & advice, would be very very gratefully appreciated guys.....oh, & hello to you all too!!! :)

nicky xxx

Completey undestand what your saying,

what i did was ring the reps up and got them to come to my house and spray me, then i saw what the colour was like and what it was like when it started to wear off.

My training lasted 10 to 2, but to be honest i've used spray tans before, but there was other peolpe there who hadn't!!!! we did cover everything in this time! but it is just practisng!!!! hts:)

Deffo agree with beautopica to try different solution's. It's the best way to see what you like.

thanks for ur replies......now, any ideas where best to get a kit from??? Am I best getting it all together as part of a package or sourcing the machine from somewhere you would all recommend, & a tent elsewhere??? Im not too worried about the disposables side of it, as Im sure I can get these at Sallys or Capital, but then if it will work out cheaper Im not too fussed about getting it as part of a whole package, but am then thinking I will be tied (at least until Ive used all the product) to one supplier initially...
hmmmm...........questions questions....after reading about peoples problems with guns etc, I dont want to buy from somewhere that has poor customer service back up either.....
Can anyone recommend a trainer in my area??? Dartford, Kent, but can travel to essex or SE London.

thanks peeps xxx

Hiya,
I did my training with SiennaX and it was brilliant.
the course was fun and the trainer helped me to decide what kit to buy.

I was lucky but my mum who trained with Sienna up north wasn't as happy.
She has recieved no aftercare or advice from her trainer, while i am in contact with mine all the time. here's the link with some of the trainers for each area.

Sienna X Spray Tanning Professionals

I'm doing my spray tan training at the carlton institute. Only takes 3 hours which worried me as well but my friend did it and said that she felt confident enough at the end of the training seesion and after plenty of practice now feels very confident with clients. Its with xen tan (just because its the closest training to me) and they have an offer on the kit at the moment but i'm shopping around. I'm also going to be asking for samples such from sienna, tantrick etc. and decide on a soloution after that. Good luck with your new venture :)

I did my training with Havering Beauty Academy (which isnt too far from you) and it was a half day course but was really practical, I did 3 tans on my course and we did some theory. Also the models that came in we had to treat them like a client from start to finish, getting them to fill in consultation forms etc and give them after care advice.

I think most of the spray tan courses are half a day and you just need to make sure as soon as you have done that you have some willing friends and family to be a model so you dont forget what you have done!

I have found that disposables are miles cheaper on ebay went to capital the other day it was £19.99 plus VAT for 100 g strings on ebay they are £13.99 plus free postage!

I had a list from where i did my training as to what I needed and I have gradually shopped around and nearly all done!

You have to give yourself a realistic time schedule to be ready to be confident enough to go out there and spray customers.

hi hi trained with Nouvatan and there was only 2 of us on the course so i got lots of one to one help, and bought my kit from them its the same kit as sienna it has the skylight cubicle and maximist but the solution is much nicer i tried lots of tans before i went with them, the good news is the kit and solution is much cheaper :lol: i had a message on facebook saying they are doing FREE TRAINING for the next 2 months look here www.nouvatan.co.uk

Nouvatan and it's not as expensive as you think. It's great and with the free training it's even better.

I have to vouch for Nouvatan for training and kit. We cant mention prices on here but if you search nouvatan spray tanning on facebook youll see the free tan offer

Hi
Kent Beauty Academy in Ashford Kent do a 1 day spray tanning course, they used Urban Tan but are not product based so you can use what you prefer as its a very personal thing, what you like in a tan others may not.
Teri R&R

If you do the tantrick course you can buy everything you need from them and normally if order in before 12 noon you can recieve everything next day.

Hi, I would also say nouvatan ! Free training til 1st nov I think with every kit purchased and their training is fantastic xxx

Lmao....well I think Nouvatan gets the thumbs up from everyone! :)

Thanks so much for all ur replies....am loving this site too...its made me think about other types of retraining too, to get my mojo back!!! :wink2:

Funny, cos I was waiting for Steve to reply as to whether they have a trainer down this way.....will give them a call I think.
I did like the way Sienna x had a lot of retail products too, and also promotional tools, but there someone local to me who is doing sienna x, so I think a different product will be a good idea.
Funny thing is, I have had a spray tan by her before & so has my daughter, & our armpits went green & we had both showered just before we went.....Anyone had this before????? I'm not sure if shes recently changed her products or not, but am sure she told me it was fakebake she was using......hmmmm...not too sure whether she was or not now, as I only realised she was using sienna x by doing a google search locally....interesting! lol

Hi...I think deodorant( or residue of) will turn any tan solution green, but its only temporary till it washes off! I was tempted by Sienna's retail, but tbh my clients probs wont be that interested in products and the amount that I MIGHT sell wouldnt justify the hassle. I have tried their tan on me and daughter..it didnt last long on us and went crackly very quickly. I've just ordered samples from Nouvatan as it is spoken of highly on here and am looking forward to trying that:) Got my kit from Suntana..good price and nice helpful people to deal with...trained with Fake Bake though..

I'm doing my spray tan training at the carlton institute. Only takes 3 hours which worried me as well but my friend did it and said that she felt confident enough at the end of the training seesion and after plenty of practice now feels very confident with clients. Its with xen tan (just because its the closest training to me) and they have an offer on the kit at the moment but i'm shopping around. I'm also going to be asking for samples such from sienna, tantrick etc. and decide on a soloution after that. Good luck with your new venture :)

i did my training with the carlton & im extremely annoyed i have been waiting over 3 weeks 4 my equipment usually i don't get annoyed easilly but as i have invested the money for the training and equipment which hasn't arrived yet I'm loosing money i have rang them 5 times and they said it would arrive today suprise no show i have had people call and ask for tans which i have had to turn down there for i loose business & money it's a joke :grr: :evil:

I did my training with Tantrick, Hellen was brilliant. I would say best to do training first then once you know what you are doing try samples from other companies if you dont want to stick with the brand you have trained with.

I have heard very good things about Nouvatan although not tried it myself, Tantrick soloutions are great, I currently use LA tanning products and always get good feedback, they too have great deals on kits.

HTHs :)

Hiya,

I would contact some company's and ask for the reps in your area and ask them to come and do a demo so that you can see the tan yourself and you can get all the details of there training. Puri - Tan are currently offering free training with all of there kits and we do one to one training and group training and we go at the pace of the individuals, it is a very intense course everything you need to know about tanning is covered at your pace.

Good luck xx

well im waiting for my training, should be going on the 27th, and thats with nouvatan. i got the deal that includes free training if you buy the kit. i ordered wednesday night and my kit was at my house on the friday. Im really excited to do the training and have heard really good things about them :)
hth xx

Nouvatan are doing free training until november 1st with their kit , the training is guild accredited so you can get insurance by ANY !! beauty insurer. Some companies only offer certified training for their brand,and their insurers
With the Nouvatan training cert you are insured to use any brand,they have a great reputation on training and customer service read there testimonials here Nouvatan Spray Tan Solutions, Spray Tanning Retail Products, Spray Tanning Equipment and nationwide Spray Tanning Training - 07932 508084

Latest posts

Back