Spray tanning machine help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just a question regarding tanning machines. What's the best one to start off with. I am doing the course soon and would like to purchase one so I can practice on family, friends but also once I have managed the art in it to start offering it with my treatments.

But there are so many out there, Just needing advice on wattage etc. x

Hi it really does depend on how often you intend to use it. The cheaper machines can only do 2-3 tans in a row before you have to let them rest as they over heat (no good for tanning parties). Its definitely worth spending a bit more to get a decent machine. The TS50 does not need to rest so you can tan one after the other all day long. You can get some fantastic deals with LA Tanning on kits, Nouvatan offer free training with their TS50 kit too.

Have a look at the sticky thread at the top of this board and do a search as there are 100's of threads that will help x

There are a lot out there, but you can pretty much ignore all the Chinese junk on eBay and your choices are between three main brands; Earlex, Wagner, and possibly Tanning Essentials.

We stock all three, but if you did a survey of everyone on here, I'm pretty sure you'd find that Earlex came out on top. They have the most history, their machines are extremely reliable and the quickest and easiest to fix if anything goes wrong. So a TS20 or TS50 are probably your safest options. Both are 400 watts, but don't worry about wattage so much, it's not some gauge by which you can judge the quality of a tanning machine.

I'd recommend a TS20 for starting up and for mobile work, and a TS50 only if you know you're going to be putting it through some heavy workloads so as to justify the added expense. I'd recommend only buying from an actual tanning brand, so through their own website (so you have someone to go back to, plus you'll get professional solution as part of your purchase too), and have a look around on pricing before you press the 'buy' button :)

There are a lot out there, but you can pretty much ignore all the Chinese junk on eBay and your choices are between three main brands; Earlex, Wagner, and possibly Tanning Essentials.

We stock all three, but if you did a survey of everyone on here, I'm pretty sure you'd find that Earlex came out on top. They have the most history, their machines are extremely reliable and the quickest and easiest to fix if anything goes wrong. So a TS20 or TS50 are probably your safest options. Both are 400 watts, but don't worry about wattage so much, it's not some gauge by which you can judge the quality of a tanning machine.

I'd recommend a TS20 for starting up and for mobile work, and a TS50 only if you know you're going to be putting it through some heavy workloads so as to justify the added expense. I'd recommend only buying from an actual tanning brand, so through their own website (so you have someone to go back to, plus you'll get professional solution as part of your purchase too), and have a look around on pricing before you press the 'buy' button :)

Hi

If I bought one from a tanning place and there solution, But I did not like the solution could I use the system with any tanning solution. x

Hi

If I bought one from a tanning place and there solution, But I did not like the solution could I use the system with any tanning solution. x

Yes its fine x

Latest posts

Back