Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there
I just wanted to say that I have just done my training with fake back at home and I thought they were fab. it cost 499 for everything - pop up tent, machine and gun, sticky feet, flyers, price lists and other various leaflets to hand out as well as 1 of every product in the retail range oh and 2 bottles (one original and one dark) spray tan solution.
We did go through the retail products on training briefly but I think this is quite an important aspect as your clients will need to maintain their tans by using moisturises and exfoliators and if you can sell products to your customers as well you will earn yourself quite a few extra pennies!
I have been spraying friends and family at a discounted cost to get some practise in but dont think I would advertise to a new client that I had just started.

I did enquirer with st tropez about spray tanning but they wanted in the thousands to start up (which seemed like a lot of money when Fake Bake could get you started up to 500)

Fake Bake and St Tropez in my opinion are two of the most recognised fake tanning names out there and this helps as they can to an extent sell themselves.

I can see what you are saying here but it is not only important for to get customers but also that we keep them too. People may have heard about certain brands but it doesnt mean that clients would want to come back for them.
St Tropez is available in Boots - not so sure i'd want my clients going there to but their retail items.

xxx

hi have a look on nouvatan website they have a great spraytan kit at a great price and the solution is an amazing colour comes in 5 shades , im the trainer for them, once youve completed you get a recognised certificate which is recognised by the beauty guild for insurance purposes , for more info email me [email protected]

1ST .

www.nouvatan.co.uk training is £75. cert by guild beauty , the tan package with a fantastic machine is under £300. inc 1 ltr tan which if u get the 10% and buy booster drops will earn you £18 x 25-30 MONEY IS BACK right away.... then 3 ltre is £90 no postage.... i tried lots and lots of solutions , my cheap ebay machine blew up on a spray party!!!!

I spoke and emailed lots of companys, at the time nouvatan was new to me. i got the sample the next day and i havent looked back... the support im given the friendliness of the company is second to non.... they run courses all the time and dawn and i think they have a trainer not far from you....
2nd x i use salon gold. £45 a year and it covers all mobile Go for it hunni x elisa.

hia, been tanning for a few months now do think word of mouth works better than leaflets posted loads and not one enquiry ,i purchased e book from ebay only few £s well worth it gave loads of advice and info realy interesting x

Hi Guys,

Not sure if you did start your spray tanning business and get all the training and kit/equipment etc..i know this is a late post for this topic as I have only just joined Salon geek as i'm normally on a different tanning forum. But if you are indeed still interested I have a tanning machine for sale. It is the Minimist Pro Salon by Tantrick (currently sold out on their website). It is a top of the range machine for tanning and built to deliver flawless tans everytime. If you are interested I have just posted the details on Gumtree (Coventry) if you want to take a look - it has images and tech spec details on there. Just type in Spray Tanning Machine and the town/city of Coventry and my listing will appear for Wed 12th May. Hope this helps and good luck :)

lots of training out there , just depents how much input you need with advice before during and after.. xx and getting a machine that fills your needs... i bought a 700 hplv and could not do more than 3 tans before burning out??? Try dance schools and free ads . yolasite is also free and good x

It is also very important to gain training in the theoretical aspects of spray tanning. A great spray tanning trainer/company will be able to answer any questions you have in regards to any aspect of spray tanning - not just provide you with the practical application training.

The models you choose for your tanning training quite often become your most loyal and regular customers - ask for honest feedback from them, tan them again for free if need be - until you perfect your application.

Another great way to increase and build your tanning clientelle is to have a rewards systems - have 5 tans - get 1 for free, bring a friend for half price, host a tanning "party" or group booking and the host gets a free tan. Once a client feels comfortable with you and is getting the results they are looking for, they very rarely stray.

i done my training with coture in glasgow ( cumbernauld ) which was good the trainers were really helpfull.. and i bought my machine + tent from suntana.. i paid £90 for the course and about £350 for my machine and tent and got 1 litre bottle of solution to try as well.. with the machines you normally get a lifetime garentee.. well with suntana i did on my machine which is always good..

everyone is right you do make your money back over and over again with spraytanning :)

hths and good luck :) xxx

Latest posts

Back