Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutey Cools

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Having read all the great reports on this site about the SUNDRENCH tanning system, went to order one today, ready for the Xmas Party tanning rush, but they need more orders before they can place an order from the manufacturers. So, if any of you guys were thinking of getting one pretty soon, you may want to get in touch with them sooner rather than later. I was going for the £99 package... gutted now!

I have their details should anyone want them.

Cutey Cools said:
Hi Guys

Having read all the great reports on this site about the SUNDRENCH tanning system, went to order one today, ready for the Xmas Party tanning rush, but they need more orders before they can place an order from the manufacturers. So, if any of you guys were thinking of getting one pretty soon, you may want to get in touch with them sooner rather than later. I was going for the £99 package... gutted now!

I have their details should anyone want them.
Go to argos and buy the same HVLP machine for £59

Amanda

Hi Amanda will have to look at Argos too but i thought that was a spray can type one?

hi ya i just looked but couldnt find the hvlp compressor like sundrench is it in the new argos i can only find the rio can one???:sad:

emmalouisa said:
hi ya i just looked but couldnt find the hvlp compressor like sundrench is it in the new argos i can only find the rio can one???:sad:
Yeah ive looked too and cant see it

i think it's probably under the 'tools' section - ie., fence spraying!

i could be wrong as i haven't got an argos book to hand but check out that section - hope this helps

found it page 911 its £69.99 , but wouldnt the gun be different to the one sundrench sells????

emmalouisa said:
found it page 911 its £69.99 , but wouldnt the gun be different to the one sundrench sells????
Hiya,

I think they modify it slightly, but basically it is the one you spray paint fences with

Amanda

Yes, it is the same model as the one in Argos, but apparently the one from SUNDRENCH has had the nozzle modified for the tanning industry! I am gonna try on the web to track down the people who make it and see if can get the tanning nozzle.

This is also the same one you get in the SOLGLO kit, which is £675ish, but for the whole package!

Watch this space...
x

Cutey Cools said:
Yes, it is the same model as the one in Argos, but apparently the one from SUNDRENCH has had the nozzle modified for the tanning industry! I am gonna try on the web to track down the people who make it and see if can get the tanning nozzle.

This is also the same one you get in the SOLGLO kit, which is £675ish, but for the whole package!

Watch this space...
x
Hiya,

Its by a company called Earlex, my hubby looked into this and they will modify the needle but you need to order a few (not many though, i think)

HTH

Amanda

Hi there

I called them this morning and asked to order the nozzle for tanning, and they said it was the 1mm nozzle (although Sundrench sell it with 0.7mm), costing under £4, and it's on the way in the post!

Wonder if it's the right one?! Off to Argos tomorrow to buy Earlex sprayer, and hopefully Sundrench solution will be here Monday... Gonna have a tanned family by next weekend!

Thanks for your info
x

Hi Cutey Cools,

Where did you order the nozzle from? Can you please give us the details.

Thanks
Aylin

I was looking at getting that system to. I was also looking at one that could be used for nails and tanning which was £100 more called sunny days. Can someone tell me what a HVLP stands for please? Also just out of interest how much would you charge for this?

CHeers Jenny :confused:

beautybonanza said:
I was looking at getting that system to. I was also looking at one that could be used for nails and tanning which was £100 more called sunny days. Can someone tell me what a HVLP stands for please? Also just out of interest how much would you charge for this?

CHeers Jenny :confused:
Hiya,
HVLP stands for High Volume Low Pressure (i think), be carefull with these systems because as i have already said in previous posts there is hardly any filtration in te machine itself, and it sucks air in from around the enviroment ie: salon, kitchen, bathroom etc and then blows it out on to your body, so basicalyy it will blow out dust particles etc, a spray compressor only blows out 100% compressed air and most have a triple filtration.

HTH

Amanda

Hiya!
Also make sure that you place a piece of lino or tyle underneath the machine and not straight on top of carpet, make sure the piping is fully extended and not left partly wrapped around the machine. You should have no problems as long as you set the machine up properly - follow the instructions which are straightforward.
Good luck
Liz

Be sure to let us know how it goes with the system and nozzle, I'd be interested in getting one if only to do me and my mum, I keep making holes in my tanning mitts with my nails!!

Which solution do people think is best, that you can buy on its own?? I know Ellisons have airtan, which is two different shades - light or dark - for £95 for 32oz... I don't know I'd want to buy so much in one go, it's a lot of money if you can't get the 'nack' of doing it.

xx

bimbogeri said:
Which solution do people think is best, that you can buy on its own?? I know Ellisons have airtan, which is two different shades - light or dark - for £95 for 32oz... I don't know I'd want to buy so much in one go, it's a lot of money if you can't get the 'nack' of doing it.

xx

i started a thread a while back entitled 'Su-do Vs. other tanning solutions' - check this out as there was loads of feedback and opinions. In the end i went with Heavenly Bodies...

Hi there

Well off I went to Argos yesterday to buy the Earlex Spray system which is advertised at £69.99, but to my surprise, it is currently on offer at £54.99!

So with the Tanning Nozzle I ordered direct from Earlex (Tel: 01483 454666) which was under £4, the litre of SUNDRENCH tanning solution which was £35 inc del, the set up so far has cost about £94.

I read lots of the threads on this site about which solution to go with, and as SUNDRENCH had a lot of good feedback, thought I would give it a go - can always change solution choice at any time. Only going to do family/friends at the mo.

Thanks everyone for all your hints and tips - they've been a great help.
x

Hiya!
You can buy the Solglo solution from Sally's - I think it's about £40/litre. Some stock it on the shelf but others you have to order in.
Liz

dizzydupe said:
Hiya!
You can buy the Solglo solution from Sally's - I think it's about £40/litre. Some stock it on the shelf but others you have to order in.
Liz
Hi guys, bought the Earlex station too now just got to get my solution and i trained with Solglo and thought the colour was really nice so will be purchasing the solution now x

Latest posts

Back