spraytanning on open pores

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjp

Reaction score
i`ve just had a lovely spraytan, the only problem is i have very open pores on my chest above my bust and it spoils the look of the tan. can anyone recommend anything to rectify this? any advice would be great.
karen x

hey

usually it is ''patted' down using a mitt if u have open pores helps it to sink in a little better.

It can also help to really exfoliate this area before tanning i.e more than usual

becki x

hey

usually it is ''patted' down using a mitt if u have open pores helps it to sink in a little better.

It can also help to really exfoliate this area before tanning i.e more than usual

becki x

Is it wise to sink spray tan solution further into open pores??

I have gone right off spray tanning my face as after about a week I looked like I had the filthiest blackheads ever :eek:

I have gone right off spray tanning my face as after about a week I looked like I had the filthiest blackheads ever :eek:

What is it you mean by 'sink spray' .. not sure I can visualise what you are saying Caraline? :confused:

hey

becki x

What is it you mean by 'sink spray' .. not sure I can visualise what you are saying Caraline? :confused:

I was replying to this!

I wouldn't like it patted down into my pores... to sink the tan in!

I'm watching this with interest! I don't do tanning at all, but have used it at home. I've always been really happy with eco-tan, but stopped using it for the same reason, open pores in the cleavage area that look like a mass of blackheads when the tan develops.

I've thought about getting a professional spray tan a few times, and this has put me off.

I exfoliate religiously and moisturise too, so are any tans better or worse for this problem?

I was replying to this!

I wouldn't like it patted down into my pores... to sink the tan in!

Ah I see... sorry I just couldnt imagine what you meant.

I haven't come accross anyone with large open pores or not that I have noticed. I think if I did have a client with this problem I would spray lighter over the area, I wouldnt want to 'pat it down' .. the only time I have had to do this is when I first started and I used to get my solution a little too wet.

Oh and when I once had a 29 week preggers lady who's baby decided to do a jig half way through her tan, which seemed to stimulate her 'mameries' umm... I had to let this lady 'pat down' all down her tummy lol!!!

:eek:

with St. Tropez u get specail mitts to 'patt' it down so its not like its some crazy idea

i have the pore problem!! with manual tanning as well as spray tanning!! i thought it was just me and my skin so am taking lots of tips off here as it wasnt covered in any of my training - manual tanning or spray tanning!!

with St. Tropez u get specail mitts to 'patt' it down so its not like its some crazy idea

I didn't say it was a crazy idea - I just feel like patting it into pores to 'sink' it in further doesn't sound like a good idea, that's all. Not on open pores.

I have no experience with the St Tropez system.

couldnt agree more...with any areas where the pores are more open simply ensure these areas receive "special attention" both before (moisturising etc)and during the spraytan process itself..simply ask the operator to draw back the gun when spraying around these areas(I.E. reduce the amount of liquid to this area)

There is always either a method or good operator who can provide an all over even tan..just takes a bit of working at :)

It sounds like too much solution is being applied to this area and one way to prevent it happening is not to spray directly onto the centre of the chest area when you fist spray the top half of the body - this area will be covered when you spray over the face!

Common problem which can result in DHA overload - if you imagine firstly spraying over the chest area then it gets another coating of solution when you then apply solution to the face it will inevitably land on the chest on top of a recently coated area - and an area which can get quite oily anyway - result is patchy wear off, tan over load and any pores getting loaded with colourguide from the solution - not a good look!

Remember golden rule - LESS IS MORE!!!! :lol:

Mandy x

Latest posts

Back