SSW - Skin/Fingerprints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
I haven't a clue what the answer is to this - but hopefully someone will.

We know that the skin is the bodies largest organ and that it has different layers and thicknesses depending where it is on the body - which in the majority of cases is the same for everyone!

Ok then - why are fingerprints unique? why does the skin on the fingertips differ on everyone???

I ask mainly because I have just burnt my thumb and recall some one saying that a fingerprint can only be removed by burning it off - hence the skin will scar - or obviously having your fingers hands chopped off :eek: :eek:

Don't worry geeks - I'm not trying to get an answer so that I can commit the perfect crime :wink2: :lol: :wink2:

xxx

perhaps it may be linked to the uniqueness of our DNA.
Every Zebra has different stripes also (almost akin to their own fingerprint)

Fingerprint patterns are formed based on tension across the finger during the beginning of a very critical stage of development at around 10 weeks Estimated Gestational Age. Without getting into too much detail, a host of factors affect the tension across the skin, and therefore the pattern that results. Fingerprint patterns are unique because the tensions that direct ridge alignment can never be duplicated. Sure, we have placed certain definitions and boundaries on what constitute certain patterns which we have arbitrarily named. But the fact is that no two areas of ridge flow are the same.

perhaps it may be linked to the uniqueness of our DNA.
Every Zebra has different stripes also (almost akin to their own fingerprint)

Fingerprint patterns are formed based on tension across the finger during the beginning of a very critical stage of development at around 10 weeks Estimated Gestational Age. Without getting into too much detail, a host of factors affect the tension across the skin, and therefore the pattern that results. Fingerprint patterns are unique because the tensions that direct ridge alignment can never be duplicated. Sure, we have placed certain definitions and boundaries on what constitute certain patterns which we have arbitrarily named. But the fact is that no two areas of ridge flow are the same.
Fab replies :green:

It is interesting that the Zebra has their own unique fingerprint so to speak :green: I like Zebras :green:

WOW!!! I'm very impressed!! How do you know something like that!? Very good.:)

Latest posts

Back