ST. TROPEZ - Retail in Salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Do any of you geeks retail St. Tropez in your salons ?

I get through loads of the mousse and know loads of people that buy it so was wondering if it would be worth retailing it in the salon ?

I know a lot of us suffer from the ebay effect & clients buying products from department stores, online shops etc. so don't want to start selling it if clients can buy it much cheaper elsewhere.

The last salon that i worked in retailed st tropez, and too be honest, didnt really sell that much. The moisturisers sold better as people knew they were a good idea to use after receiving their spray tan. I think people are tending to go for the johnsons holiday and the like as they are less expensive. Having said that, the salon didnt encourage us to "sell" the st tropez products, and I wonder if they would have sold better if we "retailed" them better??

A friend of mine has a salon in a very affluent area nearby (footballer belt). She took on St Tropez spray six months ago and had to take on loads of retail stuff too and the last time I saw her she hadn't sold any of it.

Think I will give it a miss ! I already have lots of nail stuff that doesn't sell, don't want anymore products sat on the shelf :eek:

It's cheaper in Boots so you'll probably be left with it, then have to sell it on ebay. xxx

In town a certain store are selling The 120ml sets including polish moisturiser and either (lotion, mousse, mist spray, etc) for 18.00 and 240ml sets for 20.00 :eek: ...whats the point of trying to retail items when your clients can get them for less than you!!!:irked::grr:

Sinnce St Tropez Everyday came on the go I have sold quite a few of these now and had repeat business.

The "normal" retail items have not sold well at all and I may have to resort to ebay too!

Sorry to say this but you can buy this in Asda too.
When a product is so easy to buy it makes me not want to sell it tbh.
AND why put yourself out of business by asking your clients to do this at home?
I never recommend anyone to try and tan themselves, it's ok if you are very careful on the leg area etc. but it can go so wrong.
I spray tan for part of my living and I would would still prefer someone else to do this for me.
Why? Because they can see the canvas that they are working on.

Latest posts

Back