St Tropez

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronni

Reaction score
Hello
I was just wondering what your opinions are on st tropez hand applied tan. I have done it on about 5 people but the tan always seems to look as if youve been tangoed (JMHO) and they look patchy.
I know their are a lot of you that like this product so do you get these results too??
Sorry if daft question

Sorry I dont know the answer but will be watching with interest. I am looking for a cream fake tan as an alternative to spray tan. My new beauty room does not really have room for tent etc.

I thought that St Tropez was the best - I'll keep checking back!

Cheers
Jacqui

I LOVE ST. TROPEZ!! my fav. At my work we had a spray booth though by another brand. So I have never used this on other ppl before but on myself hundreds of times. Maybe they need to be exfoliated better? Or the creme on dry spots. Also I know I wqas told to feather it on not rub in circles. And if it looks darker in spots when you are applying and is left like that it will tan like too. So you must check and make sure you spread it all out well. If they sweat or wear clothing that rubs too it will affect areas of the tan.
hth
I am thinking about using this for clients as well. I dont have tanning in my service menu as of yet though. If not I will definately be retailing it to them though.

i use st tropez and havent had an 'patchy' problems.sometimes it can go patchy afer a four/five of days if the client hasnt exfoliated gently after this time. it also helps if they moisturise daily. The colour of the tan will look different on everybody, as it is supposed to adjust to the skin. many people think its quite a realistic looking colour. imo i dont think it looks orangey. you must also make sure the exfo is completly mitted off, and teh skin is nice and dry.
if you havent done so already, i would suggest training from the reps, as they will show you how to apply it perfectly. once you get the hang of it, its really easy. i think its still one of the best salon tans (jmo).there are some really good tips on st tropez if you do a search, i submitted a thread and got lots of tips.
Goodluck
:) :)

Hello
I was just wondering what your opinions are on st tropez hand applied tan. I have done it on about 5 people but the tan always seems to look as if youve been tangoed (JMHO) and they look patchy.
I know their are a lot of you that like this product so do you get these results too??
Sorry if daft question
Ok if the clients are looking patchy this is probably down to the application.When you apply the tan it is vital that it is done speedily and you stop immediately when the colur starts to change to a pinky/fleshy colour.

Also when you apply you must not allow your moisturiser that you applied to the knees,elbows,feet and hands to be rubbed into the tanning lotion.For instance when doing the legs and you bring hand down the thigh it is vital that you dont sweep down over the knee cap or the barrier of moisturiser,that you placed there prior to the tan, will mix into the tan causing streaking.

These are the 2 main reasons why someone would be streaky other one is as already mentioned,not following after care instructions.Gentle exfoliation to allow the tan to fade without being patchy and regular moisturising.Blotting dry with a towel following baths will also help.

No physical activity following the tan as sweating will cause tan to go patchy(only whilst developing)

As for the tango affect I have never had anyone go orangy,if it continues to be a problem I would customise using your moisturiser.HTH

Have You done the St Tropez course? I would really recommend this, really cheap & loads of good tips. I have followed their procedure and never have my clients been patchy.

I didnt train with them but was taught by someone who had. I also find that when other therapists do them on me/peolpe i know they go patchy so it cant be that my prep/procedure isnt right. Does that make sense????

Have You done the St Tropez course? I would really recommend this, really cheap & loads of good tips. I have followed their procedure and never have my clients been patchy.
As Tina says, have you been on their application course? When you have the technique mastered you'll have no patchiness. As for being tangoed:confused:, it's virtually impossible to go orange with St Tropez as it has a greenish hue to it, this counteracts any orangey tones. Rember to exfoliate well and don't let your moisturizer mix with the creme tan, and most importantly remember to remove all deodorant (unless you want green armpits.:green:)

I didnt train with them but was taught by someone who had. I also find that when other therapists do them on me/peolpe i know they go patchy so it cant be that my prep/procedure isnt right. Does that make sense????
You might go a bit patchy after a few days if you are not gently exfoliating, but if your/someone else's application is patchy it will be down to prep or application. Remember to smooth the cream on, don't rub it in, or it will start to look uneven. Hope this helps. :hug:
I would strongly recommend you go on one of their courses. It's always better to be trained by the company who's products your using, than someone else. That way you wont inadvertently pick up someone else's bad habits.

I used to use St Tropez, but alot of my clients didn't like it because they said they couldn't go out after, for these people I used to go to them in the evening, but then they said it was making a mess of their bed sheets. I'm also an Avon rep & use their fake tan on myself, purely because of time, I started offering both fake tans & found most people prefered the Avon one.

I never had any problems with the St Tropez being patchy, I only changed because it was what my clients wanted.

Latest posts

Back