Staff paying for treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natlou89

Mrs
Reaction score
Hi.

Do staff usually pay for treatment or pay for the colour for their hair or time???? I don't know what rule to put in place- I dont want to charge them but I think staff will make the mick if you say that they are allowed to do their hair at work for nothing...

Any advise or how does every1 else work it out?

We don't pay at my salon, but we have to either stay later or come in on our day off.
But if you don't want to get your staff to pay for the treatment you can get them to pay for the product x

never paid for a hair do in my career. . .

I too have never paid for my hair while I have been in this career. Think of your staff as your adverts. The hair and beauty they wear is on display which in turn promotes the business xxxx

same here dont pay for anything! lol! however the rules are that you come on your day off and you dont book it in, (just phone up before you come) as a paying client gets preference!

as said before staff are adverts for business!! its almost a must that ur staffs hair etc must be impeccable - whod want to get there hair done by someone with four inch 'Jeremy kyle wanabe' roots!! lol

Staff hair is free in my salons. Beauty treatments are largely free (my staff buy their own minx off me). Perk of the job I would have thought.
None of mine take liberties.

Our girls get their hair done once a month for free unless it's extensions then they have to buy the hair which we get them cheap. This means no body takes the mickey :) obviously if they need a fringe trim or something quick in-between we just do it, or if they are having a colour, extensions and cut we might do the colour one day and extensions the next so to not tie up appointments all day.

Ok thanks every1.... I won't charge them...
I just want rules- as we are expanding - so doing beauty nails and tanning- also hair- I can imaging it's going to be all the staff pampering themselves lol - don't want start to(taking the Mick with it all)

maybe let them have it done for free once a month (unless its something like extensions which are expensive) and if they want it done more than once a month then they pay for the colour etc at cost price?

We charge half price for each others services but we only have one hairdresser (business owner), one beautician (self-employed), one nail tech (self-employed). However sometimes they agree between them to do treatments for each other free, if we have a slow day. For all concerned if a full paying client wants an appointment when the girls have booked each other out, then it gets cancelled and the client takes priority.

As they are all individuals running their own business, we think this way is best for all and it still puts money in their till......

Hi, when i was in salons we never had to pay for our hair! Maybe if you just make it clear from the start that you dont mind them having their hair done, but tell them not to take th p#ss!!!:biggrin:x

Latest posts

Back