Stag night and strippers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey geeks

Well all this headache for nothing. I am so happy though. My OH had called up his friend (who is the one getting married) today and asked what exactly was the go with the stag do. Well, the grooms to-be wife didn't like the idea of strippers either so he has told the best man "strictly no strippers on his stag". The best man is a very decent guy and I dont think he would not respect his wishes.

So, no strippers, wooo hoo! I am really relieved now I can flippin be normal again and not have this cloud over me!

Thanks for all your replies it meant a lot to me!!! especially having no one to talk to here in Oz. THANK YOU GEEKS!!!

Last edited:
Hey geeks

Well all this headache for nothing. I am so happy though. My OH had called up his friend (who is the one getting married) today and asked what exactly was the go with the stag do. Well, the grooms to-be wife didn't like the idea of strippers either so he has told the best man "strictly no strippers on his stag". The best man is a very decent guy and I dont think he would not respect his wishes.

So, no strippers, wooo hoo! I am really relieved now I can flippin be normal again and not have this cloud over me!

Thanks for all your replies it meant a lot to me!!! especially having no one to talk to here in Oz. THANK YOU GEEKS!!!

Not sure why I had written my EX called up his friend when i first posted this (i have now changed it lol), I meant my FIANCE obviously:) pregnancy brain here

Hey geeks

I still think you need to address your confidence issues. What happens if you're out with him and he just glances over at another girl because she is stunning? What would your reaction be to that?

I still think you need to address your confidence issues. What happens if you're out with him and he just glances over at another girl because she is stunning? What would your reaction be to that?

hey, that happens sometimes! all men look. It means nothing. I am not that insecure at all!! I just have an issue with strippers, always have had and always probably will

Also, you do realise that there WILL be strippers. He knows your attitude and this is now just the first of a multitude of lies you will now encounter in your relationship.

There is no such thing as a stag do without strippers. Don't be naive.

As mentioned before, my OH has seen strippers (I have no problem) and I have been sworn to secrecy not to tell the other WAGS or hell would break out. I've kept my promise and laugh inside every time the girls get together and the subject pops up. They honestly believe their husbands haven't had a lap dance etc. Men make great liars.

Just accept it and move on. It's not the end of the world.

Also, you do realise that there WILL be strippers. He knows your attitude and this is now just the first of a multitude of lies you will now encounter in your relationship.

As mentioned before, my OH has seen strippers (I have no problem) and I have been sworn to secrecy not to tell the other WAGS or hell would break out. I've kept my promise and laugh inside every time the girls get together and the subject pops up. They honestly believe their husbands haven't had a lap dance etc. Men make great liars.

I know that might be the case in many cases. I know my man. I am not naive. I am 34 years old I have quite a lot of experience by now in relationships. He told me the truth in the first place even though he knew my view on strippers and how much I hated them.it is the truth. End of. One of his other friends (has wife and kids too) is having his stag do out on a farm in the bush middle of nowhere, where no stripper would ever come and doesnt want them there, probably for same reason. Some men do grow up. My OH is not going there (the bush stag do), just saying that there ARE stag nights without strippers, they do exist.
I know my man very well and you dont.

Not sure why we are even having this conversation

Excuse me but please don't be so rude to the OP here. Yes some men lie, and some don't. All my life I've had best mates who are guys. Some did have strippers and lap dances on their stag do, some didn't. Some are liars, some aren't.

I think it's now up to the OP to decide whether she chooses to believe her fiancé or not. I hope that as women we can stick together and not put any further doubt in her mind.x

My husband didn't have a stripper on his stag so yes of course men have stags without strippers. They don't bother me at all as said in my previous post - but he isn't that bothered either. Glad it all worked out in the end :)

Some men are actually repulsed by them, I know one of my friends husbands was actually so disgusted at the idea and wouldn't go into the club when they got there, he wouldn't waste good money on paying for a naked woman to sit on his lap when he had a gorgeous fiancé at home that would do it for free haha. Also my husband and his friends didn't bother for their stags, I think the one in feb probably will involve a strip club but that's because that stag and best man like that kind of stag do, so they will all go but but of the 6 weddings we have attended (including our own) only one stag do has involved strippers and one hen do (mine! I had no say they plied me with wine and then a fireman walked in the door 🙈 It was hilarious though)
Not all men lie and laugh behind their wives backs, and I feel sorry for anyone that has a partner that thinks it's acceptable to do that because they are definitely the minority not the majority.

Why not have a compromise? For example say you don't mind a strip club and for them to get your fiancé up on stage and embarrass him, but no private dances? That worked for a few of my friends that didn't like the idea of strippers planting their knickers bottoms on their husbands haha.

...and this brings the discussion to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back