Stalls ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty8984

Reaction score
i have just been offered two stalls, 1 for july and 1 for november. should i promote and do treatments for free or should i charge a small amount ??

i'm not sure how to ask this to the people as i don't want to knock my chances

any help please ?? x

i would harge a small amount just to get money back for products. if it was free a lot of people will just come over have there freebie and go. if theyere paying for the service they will then weigh up the job and decide to come back or not (im sure they will :D) x

I'd recommend you check with the organisers.

I've done several similar events and most have a flat rate and time span and will even take your bookings and payment in advance. Some charge the clients more ie £12 a session and give me £10 others charge the client £10 which all comes to me but then I have to give a % or a raffle prize. Usually they work to 20min slots for £10 per appt so you know you're going to come away with £30/hr so it's worth doing.

I don't do the ones where they expect free treatments or when they allow individuals to set their own rate unless the average is pretty high.

If you do something for nothing that's the kind of people you attract - if you are totally professional (and unfortunately I've witness appalling standards at these events) why give yourself away? You want people who want to pay for good work.

Do be selective about these events; the good ones are great but they're an awful lot of work, you give up your evening and it's easy to be out of pocket if you're not careful.

Good luck (and sorry to go on; I must have been in need of a rant.....)

What i did was charge £5 for a mini treatment, make a free prize draw and get people to fill in a bit of paper and post it into a box, they win a £20 gift voucher. If they book a treatment they get the £5 knocked off. Also you have lots of peoples email addresses to add to your mailing lists. Fab well worth it...

Thanks for the great idea - i will use that on the night :) xx

Latest posts

Back