Stamping question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynsey Jones

Reaction score
hello again - (sorry I'm new here) when stamping over gel polish I've read that you use special stamping polish - are you just to wait for it to dry before then top coating with gel top coat? Or has anyone been able to stamp with gel polish?
(Sorry if this sounds stupid)
Thanks
Lynsey

When you stamp a bit will go on the skin around the nail, uncured acrylic in gel is very allergenic. So yes you can theoretically but you'd need to mask the skin really well to avoid causing allergic reactions.

It's easier to just use standard polish, because it's a really thin layer of polish it dries very quickly, sometimes before you stamp it's pretty much dry on the stamper.

When you stamp with normal/stamping polish, it dries so quickly you don't really need to wait. I tend to do my stamping all in one go. Then by the time you've gotten round to top coating the nails they're dry anyway. It's only if you then add in colour to the stamping design on the stamper that I wait a while before overlaying that onto the gel polish.

Thanks both for your help, best get buying some new stamping polishes x

Thanks both for your help, best get buying some new stamping polishes x

I tend to use some Barry m polishes and Sally Hansen Ones. Found they were just as good as the specific stamping ones!

Latest posts

Back