Stamping with chrome nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Good evening nail geeks.

I'm about to place an order for chrome (very excited :p), and just wondered if anyone has tried or if it is even possible to successfully stamp over chrome?

(If this question has already been asked, please forgive me, but be kind enough to provide a link to the relevant thread instead LOL).

Fee (Wallace) has a video about stamping when using glitters.

she recommends stamping first and THEN rubbing the glitter/chrome over. With chrome, you'd put layer it over, then stamp and then rub the chrome in.

she has YouTube videos, but also included this on the live feed she did on the sweetsquared Facebook page on Monday.

my phone is the worst phone in the world, so I cant link to it for you, but you should find it easy enough on the sweetsquared Facebook page :)

Fee (Wallace) has a video about stamping when using glitters.

she recommends stamping first and THEN rubbing the glitter/chrome over. With chrome, you'd put layer it over, then stamp and then rub the chrome in.

she has YouTube videos, but also included this on the live feed she did on the sweetsquared Facebook page on Monday.

my phone is the worst phone in the world, so I cant link to it for you, but you should find it easy enough on the sweetsquared Facebook page :)

Thank you, I'll be sure to check that out.

I was thinking more though about whether it's possible to stamp over a nail which has been completely covered in chrome iykwim (think of a look which would be similar to stamping over Minx silver lightening)?

I hope that makes sense, and sorry if it doesn't o_O

Thank you, I'll be sure to check that out.

I was thinking more though about whether it's possible to stamp over a nail which has been completely covered in chrome iykwim (think of a look which would be similar to stamping over Minx silver lightening)?

I hope that makes sense, and sorry if it doesn't o_O
The method linzi describes would give the same effect in theory as the chrome wouldn't adhere to the stamping polish so only the background would be 'chromed'. So apply and cure 2 x colour coats. Apply Layer It and cure. Stamp and allow stamping polish to dry then apply chrome to the still tacky Layer It. Finish with top coat.

That's the theory lol

The method linzi describes would give the same effect in theory as the chrome wouldn't adhere to the stamping polish so only the background would be 'chromed'. So apply and cure 2 x colour coats. Apply Layer It and cure. Stamp and allow stamping polish to dry then apply chrome to the still tacky Layer It. Finish with top coat.

That's the theory lol

Thank you, can't wait to try it out.

It's a bit like when I do mega rock stars, I put the foils on the nail and then apply the glitter. The glitter only adheres to the bit without the foil.

When you stamp over the layer it, the chrome won't adhere to the polish; but it will lie perfectly on the layer it.

I have come round to chrome since watching Fees video, and mine arrives tomorrow. I have a few ideas to try out with the Christmas stamping plates :)

Latest posts

Back