Standard Finishing coat on l&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)

I'm just putting my treatment menu together & it hit me... What am I going to offer as a standard finishing coat on my l&p? At the minute I'm buffing to a high shine but that's taking me aaaaaaaaaages! So I'm really going to offer that as an extra (do any of you and for how much extra) I was thinking... Would putting a coat or two of 'Lumos' over be something I could do? I want them shiney & I have heard good reports? Or do some of you offer a gel top coat and incorporate that into your price? Would love to know...

Thanking you in advance :hug:
xXx

I use NSI Glaze and Go and charge £2 for it, it sells every time rather than buffing :)

Sorry to hijack this thread, can you cure Glaze and Go with the same UV lamp used for Polish Pro?

Bump bump bumpty bump :)
Anyone? Xx

Sorry to hijack this thread, can you cure Glaze and Go with the same UV lamp used for Polish Pro?
NSI say their gel products can be cured by any 9watt uv light in multiples there of. So you look at the cure time and depending on whether you use a 9 36 or something inbetween, you work out how long.
BUT please note, this is for NSI, not cnd not bio sculpter etc. Some products are very generic and will cure properly in a generic u.v. light.
But for those companies who specify a perticular lamp, they do this for a very good reason and not using their lamp can result in product break down.

Thanks, I'm going to order the Polish Pro, and at the minute I'm just using a top coat on top of acrylics but thinking of using Glaze n Go and will be much more financially effective if I can use the 36 watt Polish Pro lamp for the Glaze n Go, will bear the timing in mind!

So back to my original question.. Do u guys use gel as standard top coat & just incorporate it into ur price? :lol: x

Personally I find using a gel top coat a little strange if you are applying acrylic!
I use a top coat polish or buff to a high shine-this takes about 3 extra minutes. I also dont charge extra as no one wants to walk away with matt nails.

I find applying a gel top coat or a normal polish top coat takes longer than buffing.

I use Ezflow snow monkey and Miracle shine (buffing paste) it is so amazing! I get a shine like i have a gel top coat on and more it is just so amazing and really enhances the nails i do!!!

People are amazed I can make them so shiny without a top coat!

I find applying a gel top coat or a normal polish top coat takes longer than buffing.

I use Ezflow snow monkey and Miracle shine (buffing paste) it is so amazing! I get a shine like i have a gel top coat on and more it is just so amazing and really enhances the nails i do!!!

People are amazed I can make them so shiny without a top coat!

Maybe it's because I'm a newbie at it then but it's taking me a while to buff them up & I have seen others say they do polish top coat free or can buff or top coat Gel but for extra. So I just wanted to know. I will try get faster with my buffing :lol: XXX

i use a gel top coat i like it better then polish as clients like the the gel polish is dry straight away!

i some times use glaze and go but also brisa gloss or shellac top coat, i find that most systems will have a gel top coat or something along that line! what system do you use?
x

i use a gel top coat i like it better then polish as clients like the the gel polish is dry straight away!

i some times use glaze and go but also brisa gloss or shellac top coat, i find that most systems will have a gel top coat or something along that line! what system do you use?
x

Hi :)

I use CND retention at the min & brisa for my gel. Do you just incorporate this into ur price for the gel then?x

I use Glaze & Go and dont charge extra.

My clients love it!

Does anyone use Lumos? X

i dont charge any extra for using a gel top coat as i think for the price of the bottle and how many coats you get out of it, and it makes the client happy leaving with super shiny nails. i would recommend Shellac top coat if you use CND as the has such a lovely high shine and if you really wanna charge extra then maybe like £1/2 but if you think of the time it takes you to buff compared to a top coat.

i do use lumos for polish not on top of L+P as i feel you get a longer lasting shine! x

i dont charge any extra for using a gel top coat as i think for the price of the bottle and how many coats you get out of it, and it makes the client happy leaving with super shiny nails. i would recommend Shellac top coat if you use CND as the has such a lovely high shine and if you really wanna charge extra then maybe like £1/2 but if you think of the time it takes you to buff compared to a top coat.

i do use lumos for polish not on top of L+P as i feel you get a longer lasting shine! x

Shellacs a good idea, hmmmmm thank you for that :green: I need to get the buffing time down but again I think it's because I'm new to it all. I'm going mobile you see & because it's taking me about 3 hours to do nails as it is I'm thinking if the shine is beautiful on a gel or top coat then the however long it's taking me to buff can be taken off with just applying this. Thank you :green:

Latest posts

Back