Star Nails GF21 Quattro UV Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katlu

Reaction score
I've just purchased a bottle of Quattro UV Gel, Jackie at Liberty Nails uses it on her airbrushed designs and thinks its great, so I thought I would give it a go. It states it can be used on all nail systems including natural nails and over nail polish. I assume that if using over nail polish to make the polish last longer, you would have to let the polish dry thoroughly first. I don't think Solar spray would be an option because the oiliness of the spray would probably cause problems when applying the gel and curing under the lamp. So how does polish dry quickly?

I noticed in one those oriental nail bars that they use some kind of nail dryer which had a fan and also a UV light. I went in with a friend once, just out of curiosity, and noticed people walk out of there with dry nails in practically no time at all.

What are your thoughts on those nail dryers, and does anyone know what they are called and where they can be purchased?

I am quite interested in getting one.

im sorry but i cant help you with the nail dryer thing but i think one of the main reasons people come out with there nails dry in no time at all is because they have airbrush designs which tend to dry quite quickly anyway compared to a nail polish.
this is what i have found. i hope someone else can help you.xx

hi
i use quattro and you do REALLY need to let the polish dry before you use it - on either natural or enhanced nails - i have been impatient in the past and if you do not do this the nail polish 'buckles' into ridges under the gel.

hth a bit x

Most NSS use a water based acrylic paint in their airbrushes. At least, around my neighborhood they do. And it dries in a blink, then they topcoat it and zip them under a naildryer/fan.

Let us know how your experiments go with this uv gel, I'm curious to hear more about it going over polish.
While I often cover frenchs & funky french's with uv gloss; I can't use it if the entire nail surface is painted, or it peels off.
I'd be interested in a gloss with which I CAN it over a nail completely painted.

Most NSS use a water based acrylic paint in their airbrushes. At least, around my neighborhood they do. And it dries in a blink, then they topcoat it and zip them under a naildryer/fan.

Let us know how your experiments go with this uv gel, I'm curious to hear more about it going over polish.
While I often cover frenchs & funky french's with uv gloss; I can't use it if the entire nail surface is painted, or it peels off.
I'd be interested in a gloss with which I CAN it over a nail completely painted.
it works brilliantly over polish on natural or enhanced nails - just let it dry COMPLETELY first x

Latest posts

Back