Star nails..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonailtech

Reaction score
hi everyone

i use calgel and i am now looking into doing an acrylic course so that i have more to offer, only prob is that where i live i dont think there is alot on offer as far as courses go, and i know there is one starting soon in college near me, i rang four times to find out what acrylic course they were teaching and nobody knew lol, anyway i eventually found out its star nails so i basicly just want to ask you geeks is this a good product? expensive? how do you get it off? basicly any information you can offer me would be greatly apreciated thanks guys xx

star nails have recently had a brand overhall and reformulated their products.
its been recieving good reports and they have also taken on new educators.

i started my nail career with star nails and so did a lot of other working techs.
a lot of it depends on the educator as much as the product.

star nails l/p acrylic soaks off in acetone like other l/p acrylics do .

Everything susan has said is correct :) and i like working with it still ! x

i think ill give it a go and considering that i dont want to be driving for two hours to get to the nearest other course.. only problem is that you only get a certificate of attendance which prob means that its not a recognised star nails trainer teaching or does it??

i got a hold of some Performance liquid & powder from somewhere (?) and had a play and found it really easy to work with - kinda fool proof if you like so and i got a freebie of the Fusion when Scratch were giving it away a while ago and liked that too but if it's college you'll be training with it will no doubt be a recognised qualification - can't they tell you what you'll get??

i got a hold of some Performance liquid & powder from somewhere (?) and had a play and found it really easy to work with - kinda fool proof if you like so and i got a freebie of the Fusion when Scratch were giving it away a while ago and liked that too but if it's college you'll be training with it will no doubt be a recognised qualification - can't they tell you what you'll get??

they havent a clue what the course involves or anything and the lady that teaches it they said is not back till few weeks and they wont give me her number, ya it more than likely is a recognised qualification, but if it is only a certificate of attendance do you think there is any point in doing it??

When i did my L2 Nail Tech course, we used Bio Sculpture and a rep came in from the company to sort out the kits but it was a college tutor that taught the lessons using Bio guidelines. It was a VTCT qualification we came out with and Bio were trying to get us to go and be assessed by them but the only benefit was so that we could be included on their tech list, and get a bio certificate.

I think the best bet - as you seem to be getting nowhere - is to call Star directly, but i would have thought that if its a Star certificate it would have as much clout as any other product certificate, as in when you do a conversion, but i could be wrong!! xx5

Yes i agree with maggie why not give united beauty a call ( star nails ) sorry i dont have the number but google them is easy to find xx

yes good idea ill give them a call if i dont hear back from the college with more info... im def gonna give it a go anyway as i would like to be able to offer acrylics, alot of my friends are hairdressers and prefer acrylic as the gel is porous and they get destroyed from the dye so think i could add a good few extra clients by offering this too thanks girlies your very good with all your great advice xx

Latest posts

Back