Starting my own mobile business....HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleymclapo

Reaction score
Hi all,
New to this world of nails and beauty....and hoping to start my own mobile business very soon....Scarey thought! Lol xxx
Just one problem....I have the dream but not sure about how to really turn it into reality! Lol x
Im thinking.....Business name, Insurance, advertising.....GO! Lol xxx But im sure it cant be that easy!
So i need help from you already established mobile geeks......what do i need??? What records to i need to keep?...How to i register the business?...Do i need to go and register myself as self employed?
So as you can see, it is BUSINESS advice im needing xxxxxx
I already work full time so to begin with this will be my part-time business venture! Hahaha xx

Thank you for any advise given xxxx Shelley xxxx

Hi
you only need to register the business if you are setting up a limited company, there are many online egistration agents or this can be done directly with companies house website.
From date of starting you have 3 monthsgrace before you are required to register as self employed with the revenue, this is just a phone call.
Records - keep all receipts and a log of all takings, this will help ith your tax return.
Advertising - what have you got planned? there are some websites that you can list your business on (some better than others). Do you intend to have your own website?

Good luck with your venture!!!

Hi all,
New to this world of nails and beauty....and hoping to start my own mobile business very soon....Scarey thought! Lol xxx
Just one problem....I have the dream but not sure about how to really turn it into reality! Lol x
Im thinking.....Business name, Insurance, advertising.....GO! Lol xxx But im sure it cant be that easy!
So i need help from you already established mobile geeks......what do i need??? What records to i need to keep?...How to i register the business?...Do i need to go and register myself as self employed?
I already work full time so to begin with this will be my part-time business venture! Hahaha xx

If you continue your current status as 'employed' and offer mobile services in your spare time, you won't be classed as 'self employed' but you are required to declare the additional earnings.

Sx

Hey!
Thank you both for your replies xxx
Im hoping to get started soon. Regarding advertising, Im going to stay local to begin with, so just gonna get my name out there with some flyers, business cards etc. We have lots of Mum and baby groups and things like that in our area so im going to 'hit' them! haha xxx Im hoping word of mouth will do its job (as it already has done, and i dont qualify for another 4 weeks lol). If it works well in my local area then i will spread my wings a bit and get 'prper' advertising and maybe a website xxx
So am i right in thinking....Just make sure i keep hold of all my paperwork! Document everything etc x
Thanks so much for your advice xxx

Shelly, there are lots of free courses which will give you all the info and guidance that you will need. A great company is Blue Orchid in Liverpool, they run great FREE starting out in business courses, book keeping, marketing etc and they will also help you with any funding thats available. Check out their website and give then a call, really you will be amazed the help that is out there.

Shelly, there are lots of free courses which will give you all the info and guidance that you will need. A great company is Blue Orchid in Liverpool, they run great FREE starting out in business courses, book keeping, marketing etc and they will also help you with any funding thats available. Check out their website and give then a call, really you will be amazed the help that is out there.

Great, ill do that x Thank you x
The only thing ive forund, that annoys the life out of me, is some of these courses are aimed at people who are out of work....im employed, and re-training in something different to 'better myself', so 9 times out of 10, im not entitled to any help xxx But ill give them a ring xxx Thanks again xxx

If you continue your current status as 'employed' and offer mobile services in your spare time, you won't be classed as 'self employed' but you are required to declare the additional earnings.
Actually, you will be classed as self employed and employed at the same time and you must register the date, you started in self employment, within 3 months.

Hi all,

Hiya, I'm in the same boat as you except I won't be starting
my training as you and I am currently employed also. I registered with business link who are really helpful. They put a start up pack in the post once registered and you can call them anytime within hours, for advice.. They also offerfree seminars for startin up business too, even if you only want to do it part time in your spare time. Find your local branch and give them a call. Their really helpful! :)

Latest posts

Back