Starting new home based nail business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRL4YOU

Reaction score
Hi again ladies!

Well after months and months of practice, I have decided to finally open the doors to clients and start charging for my sets from my home. Being a stay at home mom, I think this is the best option to be able to make some income and still get to stay home with my little one!

I'm completely new to this so I apologize in advanced if this thread has already been created or questions have already been asked. The forum is just too long to go through :)

But what do you suggest I get started on to prepare for my home based business that will keep clients coming back? Do you use client history/tracking files to track their appointments and history? Do you write reciepts for the clients? What do you offer in your home for complimentary snacks/beverages? How is your setup in your nail salon like? What kind of incentives do you offer the client for returning or referring other clients?

Any advice and suggestions are great!

Thanks everyone!

Xxx

Tee

Hi, I have been open at home for 1 month now so have just gone through all this :) I have a folder with client record cards for different treatments and fill it in with every visit. Usually offer a drink and throw in a biscuit if they are a fav client! ;) I started off just advertising on Facebook and my page spread like wildfire and has kept me going so far. I have a loyalty scheme where 6th treatment is free. Recommend a friend scheme: recommend 3 friends and receive a free treatment all sorts really. I just try to make it as easy as possible for people to be able to treat themselves regularly.
Best of luck :)
xx

Latest posts

Back