Starting to think my name sucks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphrodites

Reaction score
Do i rebrand now before i get any busier?

I think "Aphrodite's Bridal Services" sucks and doesn't really say "I do hair and makeup aswell as other stuff" does it?

HELP!!

Locked into my website until end of the year but i guess i could put forward links to my new site.

Am i being silly? Already thinking of contacting the logo people (cant remember their name but will search)

What names would you use?

I predominantly do wedding hair and make up and do nail treatments and tanning on the side

Hi, how 'bout Aphrodite's Beauty Services? I think beauty services is all inclusive. +, you'll still have name recognition with former and current clients.

OR, Aphrodite's Bridal Beauty.

HTH and best of luck! :)

Last edited:
Aphrodite is, as you know, is the greek goddess of love and beauty....so its a good name!

Mind you, according to Greek poet Hesiod, she was born when Cronus cut off Uranus' genitals and threw them into the sea (crosses legs).

If the name itself is good (and I think it is) and you're locked into your current domain name (which is no bad thing) then I'd have a play around with the tagline to the main logo/brand- and I think the "Bridal Beauty" already suggested sums it up well!

Aphrodite is, as you know, is the greek goddess of love and beauty....so its a good name!

Mind you, according to Greek poet Hesiod, she was born when Cronus cut off Uranus' genitals and threw them into the sea (crosses legs).

If the name itself is good (and I think it is) and you're locked into your current domain name (which is no bad thing) then I'd have a play around with the tagline to the main logo/brand- and I think the "Bridal Beauty" already suggested sums it up well!

Oh thank you so much, shall i send you an email? As you can see on my website the logo isn't mine and has nothing to do with what i do :-(
I've looked into changing my name and the amount of listing and advertising i've already done it is not worth it so i think i have to stick with what i've got! maybe i should have a seperate company/name for nails and tanning...hmmmmm????

That's a pain that Vistaprint lock you in so long ahead too... I thought the whole point of Vistaprint was that you paid monthly (with no long term contracts?).

The main issue would be the domain name, as a .co.uk has to be bought for 2 years at a time (but that's Nominet's rules [the quango responsible for domain names in the UK] not Vistaprint's).

But I'd imagine the rest of it is pretty much 100% automated (it's all template driven), so there's no real reason to make you have to sign up until the end of next year, apart from "locking you in" for their financial advantage...

That's a pain that Vistaprint lock you in so long ahead too... I thought the whole point of Vistaprint was that you paid monthly (with no long term contracts?).

The main issue would be the domain name, as a .co.uk has to be bought for 2 years at a time (but that's Nominet's rules [the quango responsible for domain names in the UK] not Vistaprint's).

But I'd imagine the rest of it is pretty much 100% automated (it's all template driven), so there's no real reason to make you have to sign up until the end of next year, apart from "locking you in" for their financial advantage...

Its the domain they own for a year, maybe its 2... :eek: gosh you've got me in a panic. I wish i'd done my research, you think you're getting a good deal and its actually costing me £96 a year to have my site with them. Can't wait to be able to move it!!!!

Its the domain they own for a year, maybe its 2... :eek: gosh you've got me in a panic. I wish i'd done my research, you think you're getting a good deal and its actually costing me £96 a year to have my site with them. Can't wait to be able to move it!!!!

Ah, but it should be possible to migrate the domain name across from Vistaprint and then have a website hosted with whoever you want. Although in my experience, their customer support are notoriously slow and unhelpful in actioning domain name transfers (I think they may also charge a tenner or so for the privilege too, but you'd be best checking with them).

So if I were in your position, then I'd be inclined to set up an account with 123-reg (123-reg | Domain names | Domain name registration) and ask Vistaprint to move the domain name across to 123-reg (or a different domain name provider if you prefer - but I recommend 123-reg because their prices are very reasonable and they give you full control of DNS and nameserver settings as well as the best e-mail forwarding implementation I've come across so far too). As long as the nameserver settings are still set to Vistaprint, then your Vistaprint site should still work (as long as you keep paying Vistaprint). Then you'd be free to set up a new website with whoever you want (and remember you can use domain names registered with 123-reg with "free" website providers like Weebly etc as well if funds are tight) - and then change the nameserver/DNS settings for the domain name at 123-reg to "point" the domain at the new website once it's up and running. Best of all, 123-reg don't charge for migrating .co.uk domains across to them, and they currently only charge £7.03 for 2 years for .co.uk domain names too!

what!!!!! £7 for 2 years!!!

Right time to get to work............. :irked:

Ah, but it should be possible to migrate the domain name across from Vistaprint and then have a website hosted with whoever you want. Although in my experience, their customer support are notoriously slow and unhelpful in actioning domain name transfers (I think they may also charge a tenner or so for the privilege too, but you'd be best checking with them).

So if I were in your position, then I'd be inclined to set up an account with 123-reg (123-reg | Domain names | Domain name registration) and ask Vistaprint to move the domain name across to 123-reg (or a different domain name provider if you prefer - but I recommend 123-reg because their prices are very reasonable and they give you full control of DNS and nameserver settings as well as the best e-mail forwarding implementation I've come across so far too). As long as the nameserver settings are still set to Vistaprint, then your Vistaprint site should still work (as long as you keep paying Vistaprint). Then you'd be free to set up a new website with whoever you want (and remember you can use domain names registered with 123-reg with "free" website providers like Weebly etc as well if funds are tight) - and then change the nameserver/DNS settings for the domain name at 123-reg to "point" the domain at the new website once it's up and running. Best of all, 123-reg don't charge for migrating .co.uk domains across to them, and they currently only charge £7.03 for 2 years for .co.uk domain names too!

what!!!!! £7 for 2 years!!!

Right time to get to work............. :irked:

Just for the domain name - not for web hosting or email! But it's easy enough to point the domain to an alternative hosting or email provider as necessary.

You can see why I like them now LOL ;)

I actually think your name is great. It really suits what you do like weddings etc. Maybe as the others said i would prob just add a tagline. Best of luck in your new business

I really like your name too, but you could add beauty or bridal beauty to it :) I'm kinda in the same postion I like my name when I was just doing nails but now I don't! I have a name I want to use but not sure If I should change as people may not realise its me if you know what I mean lol xx

I like the name but would as has been sugested make it beauty services instead of bridal services in the name and make nails and tanning part of your business not just something 'on the side'

Do i rebrand now before i get any busier?

I think "Aphrodite's Bridal Services" sucks and doesn't really say "I do hair and makeup aswell as other stuff" does it?

HELP!!

Locked into my website until end of the year but i guess i could put forward links to my new site.

Am i being silly? Already thinking of contacting the logo people (cant remember their name but will search)

What names would you use?

I predominantly do wedding hair and make up and do nail treatments and tanning on the side

Why not just use "Aphrodite"? It's a great name. Simple.

And it's the title of Kylies new album so it's bound to be popular!

It's been used a million times over so i cant register it as mine or the domain!

Latest posts

Back