starting up by myself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice and opinions really.

I work full time in a salon at the moment, but i am looking to change to part time then work privately part time as i would like a change.

At the moment i have about 6 regular clients but would need to build this up to about 20 to be able to afford to make this change.

I am worried because going from full time to part i am losing guaranteed income.

Any thoughts on this? how long has it taken people to build up client bases?

any help would be great!

Hi I guess that is the risk of going it alone but long term your income can be better. I think it is a good idea to go part time first. I have returned to beauty after a break and started with no clients this time around but in the short time I have been going again I have done very well. I do have to keep leaflet dropping but I already have regulars. I am going to start a recommend a friend scheme and I think this would be a good idea with your existing clients. Send them vouchers to recommend a friend and give them a freebie or discounted treatment when their friend has received their treatment. Working on what you have is a great place to start. :hug:

Theres no scientific formula! It will all depend on the area your in, your skills (if your good then you will be successfull) your motivation, how much advertising you do etc...

Start by asking your existing clients to recommend you and put a couple of adverts around and see what response you get.

If you currrently work full time (i dont know if you have children or not) but can you not continue working around this at evenings and weekends until you have established yourself a bit more. Then once you have say doubled your clientele then you could consider going part time.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Kate

Latest posts

Back