Static hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Any tips on how to stop my hair going static lol
It's since I've had my Brazillian blowdry and my colour today it's so flyaway on ends lol ?!?
Any good products for this? X

Spoil Me by Tigi is really good, I used to use this, or a nice oil or serum, bc miracle oil when wet, and you can use it again when dry x

yep an oil will help weigh it down ;)

A piece of silk rubbed over the hair will also calm it down.

The reason you have static is that when hair is chemically processed and not correctly treated afterwards, it becomes negatively charged. The electrons repel one another, causing the static or repulsion.

Silk is naturally acidic and positively charged. If you have some satin underwear or pyjamas try taking sections of your hair and rubbing down the shaft of each one.

;)

I will try everything lol although did put serum on before I dried it
As soon as I untie it it sticks to my face lol :( and when I run my hands thru it can hear it all crackle hehe x

My hair goes static, i bet you wash it once or twice a day then blow dry it, that does it for me. There used to be a spray i used years ago, cant get it now and dont remember what it was called but you put it on before drying and it was great, i have never found one as good since, but i found that the more often i washed my hair the more static i am, lol.
cant wait to find out a new spray i can use, so im marking this page

Spray gel spray onto a vent brush and gently brush it through! Always worked wonders on my clients.

I'll try that Fushion :biggrin:
i like the idea of just spraying it on, no fussing about

put a Moroccan oil on your ends before you blow dry.. and you can allways pu a bit more on when it is dry to =]

K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil is nice

I have never suffered with static hair until now, does that mean i am stuck with it, having to treat it all the time or will it eventually calm down? thanks for any comments in advance

Try Wella Professionals Enrich straight leave in cream.
Massage into your washed damp hair, comb through then style as normal.

Schwarzkopf Osis flatliner spray is also good to use before a blowdry.

:)

I rub a tumble dryer sheet over my hair and inbeteeen it works a treat! X

Latest posts

Back