Static hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im having issues with my hair, it's so static! It's only been like this since I went from blonde to brown a few months ago.

Can anyone tell me if this is linked? I never had this problem when it was blonde. Any advice on products to combat it are very welcome! Xx

Hello all,

Im having issues with my hair, it's so static! It's only been like this since I went from blonde to brown a few months ago.

Can anyone tell me if this is linked? I never had this problem when it was blonde. Any advice on products to combat it are very welcome! Xx

Your hairs moisture content is out... Straightening endlessly is a huge culprit or this... Do you use heat protection before hot styling? Use a good moisture shampoo and conditioner and cut back on straightening... ;)

satin pillowcases are great for not giving as much friction, and your hair wont look like an afro in the morning :)

I am guilty of straightening every day! And sadly I don't use heat protection. I use dove shampoo & conditioner for coloured hair.
The day I wash it its ok, it's day two that it's unmanageable! Xx

You really should invest in professional shampoo and conditioner to help manage your hair, and try a leave a serum to smooth the staticness :) xxx

yup invest in quality shampoo and conditioner, a good quality shampoo and conditioner is usually around $30-$50 depending on country etc, and if you use it wisely it can cost effectively be as cheap as supermarket... yes $50 sounds steep for shampoo and conditioner but salon ones are highly concentrated, got all the proteins and ingredients in the shampoo and conditioner, also can last up to 6 months. According to my calculations it is $8.33 per month to have quality shampoo and conditioner, supermarket ones are more runny and budget version and can be more damaging to the hair!

Latest posts

Back