Static hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe Ford

Reaction score
:mad: my hair is SO staticky at the moment.. Like balloon next to the head static! It's driving me mad!!
Has anyone got any tips or tricks they've tried and can recommend before I cut the lot off?
I've tried leave in conditioner, oils, serum, my heat protectant, hairspray, wax I honestly don't know what else I can do!!

I always got told static is lack of moisture in the hair?

I've always used a conditioner called Humectrus by Nexxus I swear by it. If you get it give it a good soak the first couple of times you use it

I'm also using conditioner for that purpose

But especially on finer hair these brushes are really handy for a girls handbag. I gave one to my sister last Christmas[emoji318]

In a pinch, as a short term remedy for immediate relief of static, run a clothes dryer sheet over the hair. And quite often, a shine serum finishing product can also cure hair plagued by static.

Static hair can come down to the shampoo and conditioner your using. Keep it professional! I highly recommend Redken products.

Static hair can come down to the shampoo and conditioner your using. Keep it professional! I highly recommend Redken products.

I have always used the same few brands of shampoo and conditioner and never had any problems but will try changing them and see if that helps, thanks!!

In a pinch, as a short term remedy for immediate relief of static, run a clothes dryer sheet over the hair. And quite often, a shine serum finishing product can also cure hair plagued by static.

I've also tried this, felt ridiculous doing it and it worked.. For all of ten minutes and then went static again!! :[

I always got told static is lack of moisture in the hair?

That's really odd, my hair is in the best condition it's been in for a while if I'm honest, I always use conditioner and occasionally a conditioning mask and always use heat protectants too!! :[

Any hair can become static, lack of moisture is much more attributed to static but its the losing or gaining of electrons.

Last edited:
:mad: my hair is SO staticky at the moment.. Like balloon next to the head static! It's driving me mad!!
Has anyone got any tips or tricks they've tried and can recommend before I cut the lot off?
I've tried leave in conditioner, oils, serum, my heat protectant, hairspray, wax I honestly don't know what else I can do!!
I like Wella oil, it's not too heavy on the hair but it will help keep it under control!

Latest posts

Back