Sticky bonds after washing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samlintonx

Reaction score
Hi, I had my own hair extensions fitted about 6 weeks ago & I've noticed that every time I wash my hair the bonds are going really sticky & soft which causes them to fall out, especially when I'm straightening them, has anyone else had this problem & what shampoo do you recommend to make them not go this way? :(

Hi, I had my own hair extensions fitted about 6 weeks ago & I've noticed that every time I wash my hair the bonds are going really sticky & soft which causes them to fall out, especially when I'm straightening them, has anyone else had this problem & what shampoo do you recommend to make them not go this way? :(

What shampoo are you using? Sulphate free is best x

I have had ladies come to the salon with bonds like this they almost feel like chewing gum, its down to the keratin used sometimes
Sulphate free products are great

Loreal elvive the one in the pink bottle I always check the ingredients to see if it's sulphate free & didn't see anything about sulphate so thought it was okay xx

I had this and it can be what type of bond is used .. Or that they haven't been fully melted when fitting another reason cud be the shampoo or if ur putting ur conditioner too high .. When this happened to mine it was the sealing of the bond at fitting .. I never went back .. Realise now that fitting 200 bonds in less than 2 hrs isn't right now I fit them myself :/

I don't think that loreal is sulphate free. That will be what causing the bonds to soften. Also stay away from the bonds when using straighteners - you probably knew that already.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422406540.257121.jpg

sodium laureth sulphate

Change your shampoo, I like joico sulphate free range. Xxx

Who's hair were you using as I am aware that hairplanet have massive issue with this at the moment since changing keratin. I don't use them personally but a colleague has had no end of trouble recently

I'm not sure who's hair I'm wearing as i didn't fit them myself & didn't ask her who her supplier is xx

Latest posts

Back