Sticky Feet & caps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie--x

Reaction score
hi all! I was just wondering where you all buy your sticky feet and caps from? Everywhere I look they all seem so expensive! I only trained on Monday for tanning so I'm trying to get all my stick together now xxx

I dont use them. Theres no need. As long as their hair is tied up and you dont overspray their feet, there really is no point in using them

Do you never find the bottoms of the feet get really dark?

I don't use sticky feet, just make sure you barrier cream the soles of the feet well and I get my clients to stand in my tent on a black towel. I use caps, particularly useful when spraying people with blonde or white hair. I get mine in 100s from eBay for a few £.☺

Do you never find the bottoms of the feet get really dark?
I dont actually spray the feet like i would with another body part. As im coming down the leg once i get to the start of the foot i flick off. It gives a beautiful natural finish with no yukky tan lines around the edges of the feet or the toes

Thank you both I've ordered some black towels ready so I won't bother with the sticky feet x

I buy mine from eBay, just type in a set quantity and it makes it easier to compare prices, especially since I just use the "buy it now" prices, I'm impatient [emoji5]️. I only ever use caps on blonde people, and yet again you can get them mega cheap on eBay, I use the two as insurance, the sticky feet prevent any tan pick up from the bottom of the tent.

If you use a fresh towel for each client to stand on there is no over spray for them to stand on so, no, they won't get tanned soles and as Kirstie says hands at feet should be flicked off as these parts catch tan the quickest and spraying them like you would another body part would make them tan to intensely that's often how people get unsightly hands and feet when normally self tanning or had a bad spray tan!
I personally don't use caps unless I've got a blonde who has just had hair coloured and I use turbie towels! You can get black ones for £1 each

I agree, I'd never spray the feet either and like I said it's just double insurance. Seeing as you're just starting out maybe those extra precautions will take the stress off until you've had a bit more practice [emoji5]️ have fun!!

Last edited:
I have never used sticky feet, I use a piece of couch roll for each foot & I explain to the client that when I ask them to move I need them to "slide" keeping their feet on the paper rather than lift their feet, I always give the feet a very light spray & then when I've finished the tan I ask them to step out of the tent onto my clean towel that I have ready at the front, then I ask them to lift their feet taking the paper off for them. By doing this the bottom of the clients feet are tan free & also they are out of your tent drying & you can get cleaning it! I'm mobile so time is of the essence for me!!! HTH X

I use a bath towel. I fold it another way after each client and that will do for four clients. No need for sticky feet and hats are only useful with short or wispy hair.

Latest posts

Back